Quantcast

X-Games in 1907

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Apparently, this really existed... (Northern part of Rochester)

"Looping the Gap, Out-door Exhibition at Ontario Beach, N. Y."
Postmarked 1907
Rochester News Company, Rochester, N. Y.

... hard tail pride baby! :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
wow a postcard of Ontario Beach in it's heyday - Ontario beach was okay when I lived in Rochester - we'd go there as kids and play frisbee and watch volleyball and girls and stuff.

What's it like now? Is the Penny Arcade still open?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
MMcG said:
wow a postcard of Ontario Beach in it's heyday - Ontario beach was okay when I lived in Rochester - we'd go there as kids and play frisbee and watch volleyball and girls and stuff.

What's it like now? Is the Penny Arcade still open?
PENNY arcade! Man last time I played in an arcade, just a few weeks ago, games were like a buck each...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
dh girlie said:
PENNY arcade! Man last time I played in an arcade, just a few weeks ago, games were like a buck each...
The Penny Arcade in Rochester is a bar - popular with the motorcycle/chopper crowd (at least it was when I was growing up in Rochester).

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
The Penny Arcade in Rochester is a bar - popular with the motorcycle/chopper crowd (at least it was when I was growing up in Rochester).
I haven't been there in forever, but they are famous for expecting bands to play there for free "because they are the Penny Arcade". Maybe 20 years ago they were the hot spot, but now they only get garage bands that suck, and the occasional has-been second rate national act. There are at least 50 better places to play out in Rochester now.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
I haven't been there in forever, but they are famous for expecting bands to play there for free "because they are the Penny Arcade". Maybe 20 years ago they were the hot spot, but now they only get garage bands that suck, and the occasional has-been second rate national act. There are at least 50 better places to play out in Rochester now.
maybe Y&T will play there! hahaha!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
16 and over with proper I.D. - sounds like that place has changed a lot. Sounds like a teenager hangout now.