Quantcast

X Games in Aspen

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Is that similar to the Enduro At Erzberg? I watched a special on Fuel TV about that. It's crazy. Most people can't even finish.
This years Last Man Standing 100 riders started the first 40 mile lap only three finished to go onto the second lap. The second 40 mile lap only one finished. This race lives up to its name.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
How would it be bastardizing?
if you have to ask, then i don't think you're going to get it. at this point right now i can't really put words on it, but, to some, the backcountry means more than just a place to score some fresh powder.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
OMG, you tree hugger.

So I guess you're opposed to the 50+ years of Warren Miller filming the backcountry... FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES. Yes, that's how it all started... a big ad!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
So I guess you're opposed to the 50+ years of Warren Miller filming the backcountry... FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES. Yes, that's how it all started... a big ad!
i personally think warren miller sucks. there's also a difference between watching one skier ride down an untouched line and watching 10+ people per heat bomb down a mountainside so they can be hailed as "extreme."

keep the the wild in wilderness i say.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
i personally think warren miller sucks. there's also a difference between watching one skier ride down an untouched line and watching 10+ people per heat bomb down a mountainside so they can be hailed as "extreme."

keep the the wild in wilderness i say.
people don't do it to be hailed extreme, they do it because it's fun.

different stokes for different folks, so give it a rest.

:disgust1: