Quantcast

X-Games Rally

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Please tell me somebody else saw McRae flip his Subie and *barely* take second to Pastrana. My god. McRae is an animal.
Flips the car on the final jump, lands right side up and punches the gas to finish the race, barely missing first by .7 secs.
The interview was awesome as well. McRae is totally "well, I flipped it and kept driving" Pastrana, as he should, bows down to McRae "That man is a god!"
So awesome. Somebody please find the video and post it up!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thanks! I haven't seen that angle.
He is truely a driving god.

I was talking with a buddy of mine today about how in one of his first rally's as a co-driver, they went off a cliff and flipped 5-6 times. While they were flipping, the driver calmly reached down and killed the engine and hit the fuel cutoff. Totally different mentality. I need to get into that sport.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It was so close. If he had won... my god. I think pastrana would have kissed his feet.
If you look at the other drivers, when they are sliding, they all correct their steering. McRae just flick it sideways, and is pointed correctly with minimal if any corrective steering. He's f'in amazing.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yep Rally racing in General is the SH1T! My DC shoes PR guys couldn't get any press credentials for some reason so I didn't get to bring any gear to shoot, but was at the X-Games today. It was also McCrae's birthday, so after the Freestyle moto-x we all headed out and did some celebrating. Collin and Travis are both really cool guys that just love racing. That and Travis can do double backflips wich is pretty sick.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I forgot to mention, did the sound of McCrae shifting into 1st whilst upside down so he could hit the ground running come through on TV. If anything shows his skill level as a driver it has to be that.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you can hear it in the vid chico posted. That's f'in unreal.

Munster

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Eastern Canada
Yep, that was exciting. I'm surprised a major network showed as much of the rally event as that. I was expecting a few minutes of highlights.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
so it sounds like the whole rally event went over well. but damn i wonder how much pastrana would've been beaten by if mcrae didn't flip.