Quantcast

X-Post Evilbob and the Dark Side

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Evilbob has finally come over to the dark side of the force.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194596&page=3
Nice!

I just picked me up a tent trailer for weekend excursions this summer...

'97 Starcraft Meteor. 2000lbs gvwr, 1355lbs dry. It does have a heater, small 3-way fridge, stove top (indoor and out), and simple sink. Wheels are only 12"s though....;)

My trailer is so freaking small I can set up under most of of my friends trailers awnings. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Nice!

I just picked me up a tent trailer for weekend excursions this summer...

'97 Starcraft Meteor. 2000lbs gvwr, 1355lbs dry. It does have a heater, small 3-way fridge, stove top (indoor and out), and simple sink. Wheels are only 12"s though....;)

My trailer is so freaking small I can set up under most of of my friends trailers awnings. :)

That's an awesome find Kevin!:monkeydance:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
I think you may have just become the sponsor of a 29'r endurance team in need of shelter.:clapping:

ET almost has your club's sticker ready for a proof.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
That's an awesome find Kevin!:monkeydance:
Thanks. I have been looking to get one for a loooong time and finally decided I needed to jump into it.

It is small and really light and did not seem to drop my fuel efficiency much at all. I still avg 20mpg on the freeway (60mph) and that is the same without. I "might" get 21mpg under the same conditions w/no trailer.

I am done with tenting on the ground for awhile atleast. I tented a lot last summer and only was caught in the rain 2-3 times. That was 2-3 times to many. I never got wet (actually the Coleman tent I have works great in the rain) but I figured why sweat it this year? I am getting to old for this sh!t. ;)

If my truck had any sort of towing capacity I would have bought an 18ft travel trailer, but there is no way my truck would tow it and I didn't feel like buying a bigger truck....I like my truck minus the whole 3,500 lbs towing capacity.:plthumbsdown: lol

Rhino

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Dude it was good to see you again.
It was good to see you too!

I have wheel envy... my wheels are only 21"/19" f/r. They are pretty heavy too...but they are built stout.

:busted:

2.5 weeks until I head out with the Tent Trailer on its maiden voyage! Taking the motorbike into the desert east of Moses Lake. Be dry camping for a week.....so much to pack....

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
No doubt about the wheels. Chainwhips and Mr W wheels are sick light. I think the ones on your RM might be a little heavier than theirs. You get too far over the back of that and Pat McCrotch might take on all new meanings