Quantcast

X-Post from DH: Who Wants to go to Whistler???

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
punkassean said:
no way to change your dates??? Still plenty of notice for work...
I've got a few friends that will be up there that week and it's a really good time to get the hell out of tahoe. The vacation day helps too. Thanks for the offer though. You sure you can't change YOUR plans? Still plenty of notice for work........

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Kid,
Actually for my work your dates would be better but there are at least 8 of us going so I could change, but the others either can't or wouldn't...I get your point though...

Have fun up there!

Wheels,
Who me? I didn't say nothin'

Raacerx

Monkey
Sean, I posted in the other thread but... Ive been planning a trip up there to do some riding/wheeling sometime this July. If our departure dates coincide, want to caravan? I can cruise a comfy 80mph long as it aint to windy or windey. I just need to figure out how I am going to carry 3 bikes, since a roof rack is a little out of the question... We would be staying at the northern most hostel. Its over a great bar and is $12US a night with foreign coeds, cable tv and your own bathroom/shower. They allow bikes in the rooms. Depending on what one of my friends does, I could possibly bring someone up as well if you are "overbooked"

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
foreign coeds... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm sorry did you say something :confused:

oh yeah Whistler! ok where was I...

I'm down for a caravan for sure! I also wouldn't mind a bit of wheeling but it'd have to be mellow since I don't want to do any damage that would prevent driving the truck back in one piece. Dp you have a 2" hitch? you can fit a bike rack back there, otherwise bungy to the roof?

Raacerx

Monkey
punkassean said:
foreign coeds... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm sorry did you say something :confused:

oh yeah Whistler! ok where was I...

I'm down for a caravan for sure! I also wouldn't mind a bit of wheeling but it'd have to be mellow since I don't want to do any damage that would prevent driving the truck back in one piece. Dp you have a 2" hitch? you can fit a bike rack back there, otherwise bungy to the roof?
Yeah I got a 2" reciever hitch. However I have a custom bumper and a rather large spare tire that dominates a lot of the space.

Thats my other Jeep, but mine is almost the exact same and my spare tire is larger then the 35s on that one, so you get the picture...

I dunno if I can keep up with your 4Runner, depending on what kind of driver you are. I can usually cruise at 80-90mph if there isnt a strong wind or it isnt windey. Oh, and just remember, I can always tow you back. Gotta love 400 pounds of torque :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
well lets see...

me = 33" tires, 1 ARB, IFS...

you = 37" tires, 2 lockers?, SA's???

yup you can tow me! Or at least get me off the trail when I snap a CV...

Although my truck is only on 33's, I do have an auto and 4.88's so I cruise at 75-80mph max otherwise (flying brick) I get about 10mpg max. If you can remove your spare (or put it in the back cargo area?) for the trip most racks will fit fine.

Raacerx

Monkey
punkassean said:
well lets see...

me = 33" tires, 1 ARB, IFS...

you = 37" tires, 2 lockers?, SA's???

yup you can tow me! Or at least get me off the trail when I snap a CV...

Although my truck is only on 33's, I do have an auto and 4.88's so I cruise at 75-80mph max otherwise (flying brick) I get about 10mpg max. If you can remove your spare (or put it in the back cargo area?) for the trip most racks will fit fine.
Actually no front locker right now. I dont have Warn shafts and CTMs yet. Detroit in the rear, but Im at 4.56 gears. Oh, and long arms. At the moment, its not moving =) I have to install the winch, transfer case, driveshafts, etc, but thats all happening this weekend.

Theres some great wheeling up around there and plenty that would be fun for both of us. Some of it really scenic, I dig that. My rig is new and untested in its current form so Im not going all out. Just bring a spair CV or 2 if you have em laying around. Oh, and I cant resist to post another pic.