Quantcast

X-Post from Mechanics - e.13 LG1 Setup on Rocky

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
Trying to fit a LG1 (last model) onto a Slayer with Atlas AM cranks.

Old e13 fit chart say 'OK' but short of using about 6 chainline spacers on the drive side i cant get the ring anywhere near to being inline with the roller of the guide. The ISCG mount is flipped to the closest setting.

Ideas?

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
Slayer SXC I presume. The ISCG mount needs to be mounted so that the side facing outwards is the flush/flat side. The ISCG mount also replaces the BB spacer that would be normally used. The chain ring on the cranks should be mounted inside the spider (in the area where the 32T usually goes) and chain line adjustments (to get a straight chain line with the 5th cog) should be done with the use of the spindle spacers Race Face provides on the crank set. Then your guide should only need one set of the thick mounting bolt spacers.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
One thing I've found that works sometimes is to mount the boomerang to the back if the adaptor before fitting it to the frame(so it sits inboard of the adaptor)...assuming there's clearance with other parts of the frame,swingarm,pivots etc(a lil creative fileing can make the difference here)

wysiwyg

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Sherwood Forest, UK
Atlas AM.

Back of the adaptor...clever...

Got it bodged on atm by using my Atlas FR left arm. I'll try the inboard of the adapter trick when he brings it back into the shop.

Cheers...good thinkin..

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
OK, so you are using a bb adapter to mount the guide as I assume the frame has no ISCG mounts (XC frame with LG1?). Are you not able to mount it on so it cups over the bb shell (concave inboard)? Is there something or some part of the frame that prevents you from flipping the ISCG adapter around? That would put the back plate roughly on the same plane as the bb shell face....and will give you plenty of room if the cranks are mounted correctly. Any idea what the chainline on your cranks is at the moment?