Quantcast

x vert carbon axle?

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
how the hell do you get this thing out? I loosened the pinch bolts, then tried to unscrew the end with the 8mm allen wrench but it just spun. Then I tried tightening the other side(non wrench side) so it wouldn't spin, but it won't budge. It's still ski season here, so I'm not in any huge rush, but it would be nice to get back on the bike for a bit.

I know I'm retarded but I didn't know it had gotten this bad:(

VooDoo

asshat
Dec 21, 2001
Toronto
hrm... on my millenium what i would do was loosen the wrench side all the way, then tighten the threaded side about 50% tight, then unscrew it. I don't know why it wouldn't work, what happens when you do that>? Does it not screw out? keep loosening the bolts until you can get it out. If it starts to spin tighten it alittle. Simple. If it still doesn't work spray some WD-40 or penetrating oil in the threads, and it should come out..

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by VooDoo
hrm... on my millenium what i would do was loosen the wrench side all the way, then tighten the threaded side about 50% tight, then unscrew it. I don't know why it wouldn't work, what happens when you do that>? Does it not screw out? keep loosening the bolts until you can get it out. If it starts to spin tighten it alittle. Simple. If it still doesn't work spray some WD-40 or penetrating oil in the threads, and it should come out..
When I try what you said, the axle just gets twisted in the dropouts. I can crank the pinch bolts down as hard as I can, and it still just spins. I'll try some wd40 and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Apr 1, 2002
NY
get a wood dowel at a hardware store about close to 20mm as possibe. cut that beyotch to about 10 in, then round one end, then jus push on that sheeet.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
uh, hi matt.

eastcoastzigzag, push the dowel in from the non-allenwrench side? I can get the axle to move and whatnot, but I can't get one of the bigger ends off so it won't go through the hub.