Quantcast

Xbox 360....first impressions?

2piece

Chimp
May 30, 2004
Wake Forest, NC.
Ok....some of you probably had about 13 hours, if you pitched a tent at your local dealer. Me...it was too cold;) I wish I could give an opinion on the new 360, but my local Gamestop hosed me. Have one wireless controller and 3 games and a limp dic :(

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Meh - the games that harness it's true potential won't be out for 3-6 months. Right now you are paying premium pricing, for not so premium gaming.

Wait till boxing day - get one $100 off.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Transcend said:
Meh - the games that harness it's true potential won't be out for 3-6 months. Right now you are paying premium pricing, for not so premium gaming.

Wait till boxing day - get one $100 off.
No kidding...I didnt buy my PS2 until about a year ago. I'm still only about 17% finished GTA Vice City. Just because San Andreas is out doesnt make Vice city any less entertaining or difficult.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Secret Squirrel said:
Well, now I know why the rest of the world hates us...
CUZ' WE GOT THE BEST GAMING SYSTEMS IN THE WORLD & WE RICH & SPEND $$$$ ON $HIT! I GOT 2 360'S IN MY ESCALADE!

*end stupid American stereotype*

yeah, but it keeps the masses pacified (& stupid).

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Secret Squirrel said:
Well, now I know why the rest of the world hates us...

Hates us? Hell! They love us! Now they (they being the rest of the world) can hack into the computing power of the thing and use it to calculate the trajectories of intercontinental ballistic missiles and other fun stuff. How cool is that?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
SilentJ said:
No kidding...I didnt buy my PS2 until about a year ago. I'm still only about 17% finished GTA Vice City. Just because San Andreas is out doesnt make Vice city any less entertaining or difficult.
False. San Andreas is the bomb diggity.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Ridemonkey said:
False. San Andreas is the bomb diggity.
I expect that it will be the shizzo, but I'm still going to finish Vice City before even opening my copy of San Andreas, biatch.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
jdschall said:
Hates us? Hell! They love us! Now they (they being the rest of the world) can hack into the computing power of the thing and use it to calculate the trajectories of intercontinental ballistic missiles and other fun stuff. How cool is that?
:D :thumb:
Wasn't that an episode of Law & Order??....there was this mom & pop electronics shop...and they were being outsold by a Best Buy-esque deal...so they started sending PS 2's to Algeria...but since it's a "dangerous device" the feds busted em...

I would imagine that getting a bad ass computer in a terrorist nation wouldn't really be that hard....since we're not the only country that exports these devices....but that's just me...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Saddaam, I believe it was, was trying to import vast amounts of Xboxs as they are best suited for that type of computing (easily modifiable to run arbitrary non Xbox code).

This was actually real, they stopped allowing exports to certain countries.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
zmtber said:
wow sory but this stuff is a complet waste of money and time
Hmm.

Don't knock it, Xbox live is actually kinda nifty. Where else can you chat with some total nerd (Transcend) in Canada about bikes and all kinds of other crap all you want for $5.99 a month? (plus shooting someone in the face from 3000 miles away is cool) It's the world's best long distance plan for geeks. Some people don't even play games, they use it to hang out. Some businesses use XBL for conferrencing too.

Of course, dropping $400 on a console the day it comes out is absurd. Wai till it gets some legs and the price drops.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Transcend said:
Saddaam, I believe it was, was trying to import vast amounts of Xboxs as they are best suited for that type of computing (easily modifiable to run arbitrary non Xbox code).

This was actually real, they stopped allowing exports to certain countries.
If I remember correctly, for a while Apple/Moto/IBM weren't allowed to sell G4's to Iraq because the Clinton administration declared it too powerful. Can anyone confirm this?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
SilentJ said:
I expect that it will be the shizzo, but I'm still going to finish Vice City before even opening my copy of San Andreas, biatch.
You're doing the right thing, but when you get San Andreas going you are going to LOVE it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bballe336 said:
It all looks the same to me. Just videogames.
Because you have no idea what you are looking at.

Guess what, that is what 99% of the world says when they see you and your fancy bike. You paid HOW much for a bicycle, it doesn't even have a motor?

Exactly.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
Because you have no idea what you are looking at.

Guess what, that is what 99% of the world says when they see you and your fancy bike. You paid HOW much for a bicycle, it doesn't even have a motor?

Exactly.
I know. When most people see that I've got that sweet Magna from Target they're all, "WTF???"

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
There is nothing more satisfying that shooting Transcend in the back of the head with a shotgun. Nothing.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
H8R said:
Hmm.

Don't knock it, Xbox live is actually kinda nifty. Where else can you chat with some total nerd (Transcend) in Canada about bikes and all kinds of other crap all you want for $5.99 a month? (plus shooting someone in the face from 3000 miles away is cool) It's the world's best long distance plan for geeks. Some people don't even play games, they use it to hang out. Some businesses use XBL for conferrencing too.

Of course, dropping $400 on a console the day it comes out is absurd. Wai till it gets some legs and the price drops.
I can't believe you aren't a premium member yet. What a cheap ass bastard. I'm going to put a sniper round right between your eyes.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BeerDemon said:
I can't believe you aren't a premium member yet. What a cheap ass bastard. I'm going to put a sniper round right between your eyes.
I like the ads with chicks in bikinis.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
Knuckleslammer said:
$700 for that frign thing? WTF? That's a new mountain bike fork.
I'm currently socking away about $1500 to preorder about 4-5 Playstation 3's, pick them up, and start 1-day Ebay auctions on each. I'd imagine I can sell them for 2-3 times the retail cost