Quantcast

XC and DH jersey interest

Ridemonkey Jersey Interest

• Ridemonkey XC Jersey all the way baby!

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Ridemonkey DH Jersey would pimp my ride.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I do both....

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Nope, not interested.

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Before such a huge undertaking, I'm curious, who would be interested in ordering either a Ridemonkey XC or DH jersey?

They may eventually become available through the RM store.......

Roughly $55.00 per, give or take.....

So, who is seriously interested?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
As long as XXL was a option I'd be in, gotta fit over the armor and the gut :)

J

JRB

Are they here yet???

*can it have the ride hard, ride soft, ridemonkey deal on it???

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm all set in the RM jersey department, thanks to BIKEGEEK. If another order is done up, I might buy one for MBC, since her original RM jersey was too big.

Remember Ralph, take the number of interested people in that poll and chop the number in half. That's how many you'll actually sell.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I Are Baboon said:
I'm all set in the RM jersey department, thanks to BIKEGEEK. If another order is done up, I might buy one for MBC, since her original RM jersey was too big.

Remember Ralph, take the number of interested people in that poll and chop the number in half. That's how many you'll actually sell.
Bikegeek got me the info; however, it will be done a little differently this time as far an official RM offering is concerned.

So, the idea of this poll is to see what the interest is, and then begin the planning stages. This is all preliminary. However, I do know it will be done through the RM store. As far as response is concerned, I believe your summation of what the actual numbers will be is a rather accurate one.

As far as the actual design, it will be the same as the last one since the manufacturer already has the design and that would indicate that there would be no requirement for a set-up fee.

I will inquire about the XXL sizes, as there seems to be a desire to get the bigger sizes.

Again, once this gets closer to fruition, it will be handled through the RM store.

(I’m just a worker Bee :D )

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
stinkyboy said:
I'm in for a DH.
I retract that. I can't even post a thread because IAB is on the rag about people making wisecracks in the lounge, but boy I should be paying to advertise for them...

WTF?

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
I retract that. I can't even post a thread because IAB is on the rag about people making wisecracks in the lounge, but boy I should be paying to advertise for them...

WTF?
I sometimes think that too. We'll soon hear about how we have no rights. We'll hear how we didn't have to pay the original RM $20. We'll hear about advertisers, but the truth is, they just don't think it's funny.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
I sometimes think that too. We'll soon hear about how we have no rights. We'll hear how we didn't have to pay the original RM $20. We'll hear about advertisers, but the truth is, they just don't think it's funny.
Lacking a sense of humor is not a good qualification for a mod...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stinkyboy said:

WTF?
You are actually better off not buying one because at your current rate, you won't be here much longer.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
The larger sizes help the larger guys out, plus if you're wearing it over DH armor it has to be a size bigger anyways. XC jersey wise I like the non-tight fit of a xxl, even though in T-shirts I wear a XL. Bike stuff is so badly sized it's hard to tell what a XL or a L really is.

I was reading a post over in the DH section and they listed http://www.hotshoppedesigns.com. The prices didn't seem too bad for jersey's. Especailly a single logo style jersey. For 24 long sleeve 1 color DH jersey's they want $36 each and for XC they want $47.75. DH wise $36 ain't bad but depending on how many get ordered gets the price down. I don't remember how much the original ones were but probably somewhere around that price I'm guessing. The only problem is you have to have the money first to do something like that.

"The XC jerseys are $58 and the DH are $55 + tax and s/h" was how much they were from Bikegeek, the first run of jersey's. Wasn't bad but I wonder what else is out there.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Spunger said:
The larger sizes help the larger guys out, plus if you're wearing it over DH armor it has to be a size bigger anyways. XC jersey wise I like the non-tight fit of a xxl, even though in T-shirts I wear a XL. Bike stuff is so badly sized it's hard to tell what a XL or a L really is.

I was reading a post over in the DH section and they listed http://www.hotshoppedesigns.com. The prices didn't seem too bad for jersey's. Especailly a single logo style jersey. For 24 long sleeve 1 color DH jersey's they want $36 each and for XC they want $47.75. DH wise $36 ain't bad but depending on how many get ordered gets the price down. I don't remember how much the original ones were but probably somewhere around that price I'm guessing. The only problem is you have to have the money first to do something like that.

"The XC jerseys are $58 and the DH are $55 + tax and s/h" was how much they were from Bikegeek, the first run of jersey's. Wasn't bad but I wonder what else is out there.
Thanks for the help!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stinkyboy said:

WTF?
Here is a radical concept for ya.....ready?

Just don't buy a fricking jersey!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
I'm thinkin though maybe the verge USA stuff is more cycling related. That'd make sense for the slightly higher prices in a way but for the DH crowd per say, the cheaper you can get them, the more you'll sell as you fall down all the time and such and tear a arm or what not. I only buy onsale DH jerseys for this reason, the cheaper to replace the better.

But XC wise I've always bought the Fox/Oakley stuff, usually the $40 or so dollar jerseys. I just like they way the fit and feel. So XC guys have a point, they are against their skin so the more comfortable the better. DH guys would care more about the price, then the looks.

Hotshop or whatever (LOL I dunno they spell it funny) has been around for the days doing the BMX and Moto stuff. I remember years ago seeing their stuff around. It wouldn't look too bad but I'd be curious as to what they use for jersey's and such. Looks like alot of the Azonic/Oneil stuff that's missing the logo's (again, for DH who cares).

Alot of the problems I saw with the first run of jerseys was price and getting people to committ to it. The down payment was a good idea. You figure 50 jerseys (say 25 xc, 25 DH) at $40 a pop is $2,000. That's alot of money to deal with and keep track of who's ordered one, shipping them etc..... It's all doable though. If runs of 25 each sell out then it's ok, but I'd hate to pre-sell 50 (which could take a while) to get a better price on them and what not.

We'll see. It seems like there's already 15 or so that'd buy one right now, and probably another 15 or so once the price is set and what they look like. The biggest thing would be to get a number of jersey's that could be sold and see where things are. If it's enough to make it worth an order than I'd say do it. If it's 5 short or something it's up in the air.

I just added things from the poll. 44 people said they'd buy one or both so things are pretty close to being there. Once 50 is hit then it might be worth it to do so!