Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
so J. can only do an early/short sully run on saturday. anyone interested in doing this, then heading over to the whoops?

Nags, bring your new rig. i wanna put my leg over that $69 frame and see if i like it enough to pick one up. i've been looking for a light replacement for my current hardtail.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Nags, bring your new rig. i wanna put my leg over that $69 frame and see if i like it enough to pick one up. i've been looking for a light replacement for my current hardtail.
No can do, I'm getting married this weekend. I'll be back Aug 12th. We should hit the Whoops of the BMX track. You'd be welcome to ride the $69 steed as much as you like.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
No can do, I'm getting married this weekend. I'll be back Aug 12th. We should hit the Whoops of the BMX track. You'd be welcome to ride the $69 steed as much as you like.
congrats bro. why don't you just leave the bike with me while you are out of town... so i can, uh, watch it and, uh, keep it safe :brows:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
[/IMG]

Nice...how big was the gap to tranny?
that gap was short, probably no more than 2 feet from lip to landing. however, the drop down was closer to 10 feet and that tranny was steep and ran out forever. it kicked you to a big o' booter. i didn't do either, but some the of the boys i was riding with rocked it. there were only two locals w/ the danglies to hit the drop and the booter.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
congrats bro. why don't you just leave the bike with me while you are out of town... so i can, uh, watch it and, uh, keep it safe :brows:
If you want to borrow it while I'm gone you are more than welcome to. Darn thing needs to get ridden. It has only seen the BMX track twice.

If you can pick it up from my place in Manhattan Beach, you're welcome to borrow it. Shoot me a PM.

Haybear

Chimp
Jun 2, 2007
San Diego
I am new to SoCal but would love to join you all on Saturday AM for Sullivan and/or the whoops. Someone willing to give me the details on where we are meeting up for sullivan?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Haybear, you are welcome to join. Call me and I'll give you the directions.

All others, this means we need to decide on a time and place. Stunt by 830 and the whoops after? If that is agreeable, let's start a rollcall.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Mandown, I have to pass for a couple of weeks. I tore tendons and muscles as well as dislocates my collar bone 3 days ago on the Intense trail. Way overshot a step down, cleared the tranny and flatted on the front end and went off the trail into a double cartwheel flip like thingy. :D
I am down as soon as the pain subsides and i can lift my car keys in front of me.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Mandown, I have to pass for a couple of weeks. I tore tendons and muscles as well as dislocates my collar bone 3 days ago on the Intense trail. Way overshot a step down, cleared the tranny and flatted on the front end and went off the trail into a double cartwheel flip like thingy. :D
I am down as soon as the pain subsides and i can lift my car keys in front of me.
duuuude.. that's harsh... didn't you just recover from a serious spinal injury?!?

Heal up buddy! and lay off the Dew :monkeydance:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i wanted to throw something out there.. just food for thought.

if we hit DJs straight after Stunt, we'd basically be going there in the prime of the heat, which is not really that fun. How about regrouping at Kenter later that afternoon instead?

Haybear

Chimp
Jun 2, 2007
San Diego
yeah, I am up for stunt in the morning. If we don't do whoops straight away afterwards, I will have to be one of the people lost...

Still looking forward to riding in the AM though!