MDR
back from Marmoth!

whoa. what a weekend.

Mountain - 3 : Poor socal bitches - 0
one light concussion that involved a fullface cracked in 2 places
one brake lever impalement
one arm gash that required fourteen stitches

riding was superb, weather was kickass, beer was everflowing
fun fun fun!! i only wish the mountain was closer.

few pics later

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
duuuude.. that's harsh... didn't you just recover from a serious spinal injury?!?

Heal up buddy! and lay off the Dew :monkeydance:
Sorry been absent for a little while.
Yes I broke my t7 8 months ago 7 days before x-mas. :thumb:
Its giving me a load of cr@p right now from the mtn smackdown 2 weeks ago. Anyhow I am up to ride in 2 weeks from now, if all keeps feeling the way it is its getting better day by day.
Sounds like you guys had a great time.
I tried wheeling yesterday (yeah thats not going to happen so soon).

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
back from Marmoth!

whoa. what a weekend.

Mountain - 3 : Poor socal bitches - 0
one light concussion that involved a fullface cracked in 2 places
one brake lever impalement
one arm gash that required fourteen stitches

riding was superb, weather was kickass, beer was everflowing
fun fun fun!! i only wish the mountain was closer.

few pics later
...but are the bikes ok? :brows:

welcome back, looking forward to some pics.

Haybear

Chimp
Jun 2, 2007
San Diego
Sounds like somebody angered the mountain god!?!? Hope it was a good time.

I rode Ridge Trail in Montana de Oro last weekend as well as morning glory on Cuesta Grade in SLO. Ridge is great fun, I recommend if you are in the area. Morning Glory, not so hot. Plus, the trail was littered with CDF paramedics, as someone gave himself a big gash in the leg before we started the ride. I will post a pic from the top of Ridge ASAP... installing new Creative Suite as I type.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
oh and mandown, did you get the fork set up yet?
:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
i'm having tech issues.
i had to buy a new caliper from magura to work with the boxxer because of the mounts rockshox uses on it. i checked with magura before i bought the fork regarding this issue and they said "you just need a #19 adaptor." so i bought a #19. the problem is, there are many caliper types for the louise. there is the IS long-top&short-bottom, the IS short-top&long-bottom, the post mount. the #19 only works with the short-bottom type and the only other adaptor they make is for the post mount. i am lucky enough to have the long-bottom caliper :clue:

regardless, i have the new caliper in the mail, the appropriate adaptor is also on the way. on the plus side, my new rig will run a 203 front rotor, not the 210 i currently run. having bent a front rotor on a stunt before, i'm happy to have an easier to replace 203 on the front than an odd 210 that only magura uses.

rant off :bonk:

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I decided to throw my bike on the rack this morning before work and take a half-day, driving up to Mammoth in the next few hours for tomorrow and Thursday. I figured if I'm going to try out the new BigHit build I might as well do it right :cheers:

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
you got any pics of the new build?
This was the other day, just finished the build last night so no new pics yet:

Only things missing from the photo that are on now:
-DHX 5
-noisy-as-hell Truvativ BoxGuide
-Juicy 7's 203mm
-X7 shifter & mid-cage RD

Its not too heavy, probably about 40#. I'm curious to see how it feels, I've only ridden a long-travel bike once and it was too small so this should be fun.
I'll take some pics for sure :biggrin:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
sick pix. the shop says the fork will be ready to rock by tomorrow. of all the options there, i like stunt the best. jason has the usual saturday morning restrictions, so let's get up early saturday and head out. we should start by 8.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
some pics?

Velocity Drop
Velocity Racer Stylings
14 Stiches?

Stunt, K, G-spot, Laverne this weekend?

K will be evening session.
nice pics.... those hits look alot different from that angle. whats the deal with the new trails "that are rumored to be actually being built this year"? we should probably plan something easy since we know adam will be rollin the hardtail this weekend, magura's rule! :busted:
actually i'm down for anything semi-local that gets me home by 4

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
yea man.. trail building/grooming is going awesome!
i think i saw a trail-builder's cousin's baby moving a pebble while i was there

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Hahaha, its true. I asked some locals and the inside word is they hope to have them open by mid-September!!:banghead:
glad to hear, it's been a long time in the works. is anybody heading back up there? i'll be there from the 9th thrue the 15th camping just north of there and sounds like i definately need to hit up the mt again

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
frankenfork is armed. i do need to wrench my cranks tonight, but i am a greenlight for saturday.
rollcall for 8am stunt:
mandown

ps - feel free to change the options. we can roll mt.w. if overtheedge can work it out. that should fit your 4pm limit.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
just be sure to squeeze and shake the woman. the kid is sure to drop out if you do that :P

the ride was good. i loved it with the new frankenfork (pix soon). it is a boxxer ride with team lowers on it. man, that thing just ate the rockgardens. overtheedge's R9 w/ monster T was too plush. at the bottom of the hill, he kept asking when the rockgardens were going to start :)

bneall and blender quit after the first shuttle. overtheedge and i were good to go for another round. kickstand and bullit21 weren't thrilled with the idea of round 2, but they were going to do it. unfortunately, when we got ready to load the bikes for the second shuttle up, we spotted a ton of firemen in full gear getting out of their shuttle vehicle at the bottom of the trail and hiking up it. we didn't feel like a run in with them, so we bailed on the run. we went over to malibu creek state park and rode to the M*A*S*H site. it was fun to just goof around. we looked odd with the "big bikes." not only does overtheedge's sinister R9 look a bit impressive to the average hiker, but his freshly buffed out, sticker free monster T was blinding to look at in the sun.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I would like to come out some time if you guys don't mind. I usually ride down in the OC area, but would like to check out some other stuff.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Cool. I rode Mt. Wilson for the first time like two weeks ago. It was fun, but a long shuttle and my gran mal was a little overkill. I should be around this Sat and Sun. Waiting for my derailleur hanger to come in. (Mt. Wilson was mostly a chainless ride....)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Sup fellers, just got back from Tahoe and man is N* "hella" nice. We need to get a trip going soon. Rooms in the village are about $150 but includes 2 lift tickets ($80 bones) or we can stay further out to save the cheddar on gas.

Wasnt able to ride as much as I wanted because it was a family affair of sorts, but was able to sneak 2 days of riding in and dude, f*cking Livewire and Gypsy are off the chain! If the park wasnt close to 8 hrs out, I'd make it a weekly trip.

Sorry, pics are non-existent as it was left at the campsite both days. Oh, nice wound there Pavel...my crew was lucky enough to walk away unscathed this weekend.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have a N* trip planned for Sept 28-30 if anyone wants to go. Heading out to mammoth Aug 24 for a Fri sat sun trip as well.