Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Nice rig Adam...

Cant do Mammoth on the 24th but willing to do the N* thing in Sept. Lets set this up. Any other takers?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I would like to check out that Bottlerocket. Might be my next bike. I love my Gran Mal. I am staying in Mammoth Mountain Inn with some other guys in one of the giant condo type deals. I am pretty sure there is some extra room and the guy making plans can add on people for like 100 for room and Sat/Sun tickets. I think most of the guys are going up Friday after work. I took Friday off and will be heading up early Friday morning to ride all day. Right now I am by myself for Friday. If anyone wants to roll let me know. I can get one more person/bike in my Camry, or if a couple people are interested, I have an F250 crew cab....

It would be cool to meet up this weekend and ride...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
lemmy check with my boss about taking the 24th off. i should be able to, in which case, i'm in for the weekend. i call shotgun in the camry(it should be an easy jump from the 5 to the 101 to my place, then back on the 101 to the 5). i have an SUV, but no rack, and splitting gas will probably be cheaper in your car.

where we gonna ride this weekend?

codykjwalton

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
i was just up at mammoth the weekend of 8/5 and did the techno rock drop under the gondola. the drop is a bit weird, hard to carry speed through and make the small gap to the tranny.

so on my way up on the gondola i saw some guy try and huck it, and ended up being taken off the hill in an ambulance.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ok abstrakt, if we pinos, we gotta start planning now. i gotta be back before dark on saturday, so we gotta do some math on the travel+ride times. anybody else interested?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I would be down, or if anyone wants to ride OC. I still haven't ridden my new toy in my own hood yet. How sad.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Pinos is cool but not that cool. It is pretty damn smooth, a hardtail would make it far more challenging and even then it wouldn't be that fun.

Anyone interested in riding the loop on Saturday?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm up for anything...I know I should probably make it a pedaling weekend, but shuttling is just so much funner.

Down to shuttle something local Nags or are you itching to get your pedal on?

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I shuttled Wilson on Sunday with Taylor. I kept dreaming of J-Drop and Backbone.

Meet around 8:30-9 Saturday? Ride should take around 3 hours.

I should be doing a Sully run on Thursday after work if anyone is interested.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
based on the temperatures up there, i'd be down for starting closer to 8am on saturday.

what time thursday? i can bring my bike, and maybe bullit21

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I have a N* trip planned for Sept 28-30 if anyone wants to go. Heading out to mammoth Aug 24 for a Fri sat sun trip as well.
N* will be tough for me. i'm flying back in from Nashville on the 28th in the afternoon. i don't know if i can turn my packing around that quickly, make the drive, and feel like riding.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm seriously contemplating catching a round trip flight to N* for that Sept trip. The drive is no joke and I'll probably spend the same amount of cash on gas in my truck anyways.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
If I can get 3 more peeps for N*, I will take my truck. I have an f250 diesel crew cab. Shouldn't be too bad for gas split up 4 ways. I was thinking of taking off Thursday night, driving maybe 4-5 hours, or whatever, crashing at a motel 6 or whatever is cheap, then getting up and driving the rest of the way Friday morn to get there when they open.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
time to start some rollcalls for upcoming business.

Thursday 8/16 6pm Sully
Nags
Mandown
???

Saturday - Two options - Loop w/ Nags at 8am. Kazlx has also indicated some OC shuttle action. anyone interested? If we rock the 6pm Sully run on thursday, i'd be likely to roll to the OC saturday.

8/24 Mammoth
Kazlx
Mandown
???

9/28 N*
Kazlx
???

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Have you ridden out here before? Some really good runs....
I've ridden everything @ Aliso except for Oaks and T.

So whats the verdict for this weekend guys? Oh, and if I get off in time, I may be joining you for your ride tonight Nags. I'll call you if I come.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
looks like i'm out for tonight on sully.

i'm down for aliso saturday. overtheedge is down, if he can get the day free (it is in limbo now) and bullit21 is on the fence but leaning toward doing the deed in OC.

what is the shuttle situation? is this the section where it is one person plays odd man out to drive?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
We can play odd man out, or if we get a couple trucks, people can drive up and then we can make a run to get cars and come back down. I will have a my F250. If anyone else needs any more details let me know. I think Mandown was on for 8am....

Look for me....

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
hehe...

brenth is out for a long while.. he became a dad today

I gotta get my XC on.. 'cause all this shuttling is killing my cardio stamina.. so have fun

boooo:plthumbsdown: Both of you should make the trip down to the OC and bring Bneall and Brenth with you.

I'm w/ Mandown for meeting at 800. Lets do the Art school?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Alright, I will meet you guys @ 8 at the art school. Big bikes are fun but not required. Lots of guys do sx trails, nomads, etc. The guys that haven't ridden will like it.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
The loop is on.

Hitting Mammoth over Labor Day if anyone is interested.
I may be in for Labor Day w/ you. Got a new job :cheers: and was able to work out a weeks vacation in between the 2. I also may be planning a road trip to Mammoth and N* the week after (Sept 3-8th) to celebrate...and hopefully w/ a brand new-used Gran Mal to shred on. :brows:

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
I may be in for Labor Day w/ you. Got a new job :cheers: and was able to work out a weeks vacation in between the 2. I also may be planning a road trip to Mammoth and N* the week after (Sept 3-8th) to celebrate...and hopefully w/ a brand new-used Gran Mal to shred on. :brows:
I saw that Gran Mal on STR, looks pretty nice! Let me know. Hopefully my buddy can borrows his wife's truck. Otherwise we might need to take two cars. 4 people and bikes in the WRX will be tight!