Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
The Codes felt pretty good, a hell of a lot better than the Hayes. I'll have a better assessment of the brakes after this weekend.

If you guys do decide to hit up Wilson, hit up Ozzer from SD. I think I read somewhere that he was also interested.

R

Rabie

or what about Big Bear for the day?
Bring the small bike. Apparently the owner threw another fit, and now they're checking all bikes. Got (not me, but one of us up there) turned away last weekend and had to shuttle.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
bneall and I are doing a mellow Sully run tomorrow morning..
he's in desperate need of some saddle time :bonk:

this is a hardtail pride ride, so leave the fullys at home :brows:
or not

8:30-8:45 at the bottom.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
bneall and I are doing a mellow Sully run tomorrow morning..
he's in desperate need of some saddle time :bonk:

this is a hardtail pride ride, so leave the fullys at home :brows:
or not

8:30-8:45 at the bottom.
nice...... our crew is going to meet at 8, so by our usual standards we should be ready to ride by 8:30 :brows:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
man.. been a while since i rocked the hardtail on the trails
sure is a different feel. gonna have to do it more often.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My roommate isn't going to be able to ride tomorrow morning. We need at least one more to make it happen.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I dont know if we are going to have enough peeps...dude I think I might just sleep in....I have had way too much to drink tonight.....

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
damn.......can't believe i missed your post, checked my pm's when i got home at midnight and thought we were a go:banghead: . turned out to be a sick day in the oc, the crew i met up with had about 12 heads so i threw my truck in the rotation and we had 3 trucks running shuttles constantly and got a grip of runs in :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
next time for shure

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Mammoth was off the chain. Going back up Th-Fri if anybody is interested. Didn't get any riding shots as I was too busy chasing all day.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Early morning Sully run or Bellflower BMX?
Hows the kid? Congratulations.
Mines here in 3 weeks or less... Gonna get 1 more ride in this sunday (as far as away trip). For the wife theres a mommy and me club in manhattan beach and a hermosa/redondo group. My wife was part of the manhattan beach group before we moved up North. Just a little info I am sure you probably know.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
mammoth 14th-17th for me

anyone want to tag along, share a condo, etc..
can bring SO's.. as I'm bringing mine

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Hows the kid? Congratulations.
Mines here in 3 weeks or less... Gonna get 1 more ride in this sunday (as far as away trip). For the wife theres a mommy and me club in manhattan beach and a hermosa/redondo group. My wife was part of the manhattan beach group before we moved up North. Just a little info I am sure you probably know.
I got married but no new kids. I've got a 10 year old and the wife has a 7 year old.

Sully Saturday morning around 8. Route will be: climb Westridge road, down first crack, up Sully, down Sully.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
I heard a rumor the June now has riding either on the mountain or off
did alot of snooping in previous years and all i could find old orv roads (totally unridable) but rumors have been flying lately so i will definately be on the lookout. if anybody has any good leads they would really be appriciated :brows:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Not going to make mammoth. Its a little too far with my wife being so close on her due date.
Theres small cramping and pains (been going on for a bout a week) the little dude is too anxious and ready to be here. He kicks ALOT.
How far is mammoth from LA? The reason Im ? it is I keep hearing its like 8 hours away.
I am down to ride local, sully, laguna, idylwild, SJT, San Diego.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Hold that thought, I looked it up and apparently itss only 5 hours from LA, I assume they are doing the speed limit so it would br 4 for me or less. :D
Ill see how shes feeling at lunch, I do 90mph on average so its looking like 4 hours max.
I left this morning at 430 and I got here around 830 and that's with 2 stops.

On a diff note, its crazy how empty it is today compared to last week. I'm currently sharing the shuttle bus with 2 other people.