Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I was going to a pretty mellow loop with a buddy who isn't in the best shape. We'll be heading up the Westridge fireroad to the Nike center and down Sullivan Canyon. Nothing too crazy. Pace will be slow. I'm not sure when my buddy last rode.
Thats a fun loop, except for the Bayliss and Westridge cement grind.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
so dudes... what up for tomorrow?
wanna hit that DH shuttle?

Ben and I are down, so is another guy. That's 3, but we only have 1 car.. need more vehicles to shuttle. We'll hit it up in the morning.

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
Too bad I saw your post so late, Blender. Anyone down for shuttle on Sunday? My car doesn't have enough room for bikes but I can do the retrieval run.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Happy Easter. Any of you guys up for venturing to the OC area? I'll be shuttling San Juan on the 21st if you guys are game. Oh, and I'll prob do the Jdrop loop this coming Sat.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Bike out of commission. I also hear that it's going to be hot this Sat, you guys may want to start a bit earlier.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
yea. dude.. you missed out on an oldschool BMX racer guy showing us youngsters the meaning of stamina. The dude pretty much outclimbed and outsprinted everyone in the group, and when we were done with the ride ready to throw up at the bottom, he headed back up the mountain for another go. :clapping:
No fvcking joke. Rode w/ Nags today and guy climbs like a goat and pedals the ASX like he's on a 27 pounder. Thanks for the ride and showing me the W Drop.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Going down the W drop I felt like crap (probably drank that Red Bull too quickly) . My 2.5 front Nevegal was all over the place and couldn't seem to get clipped in. Thankfully climbing Sully and going down I felt better. Hit a top speed of 27.5 mph on the upper portion.

Don't let A51's line of I've only been riding for 3 months fool you. He hit the drop in Sully like a pro.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I hit this loop today since I decided to stay local. Met some guy pedaling a unicycle who just came down the W Drop and climbed out of Sully(nuts). Legs felt strong so I rode up to Sully Canyon instead of going down on squirrel, added a couple extra miles to the loop. In the words of bneall, "I hurt."

Oh and Nags, its not 3 months, its 7 :rolleyes: .