Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Why go all the way to Tahoe when Mammoth is on the way?

I've never ridden Northstar so maybe those who have ridden both will chime in. Is it worth driving past Mammoth to hit Northstar?
I'm my humble opinion, hell yes. Livewire, Gypsy and Boondocks let alone makes the drive worth it.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Count me in, any weekend! with this package it's pretty affordable to do a group trip with 6 or more people, then it comes out to $78 for 2 days or $108 per person for 3 days (not including gas) of riding, lodging and lunch at Northstar.

Stay and ride free.

http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info/ski/trip-planning/deals-packages.asp
Price on packages are sick. What month is good for everybody? I know some of you have Whistler trips planned already. Late Aug/September?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Whistler booked for Josh, Jason and I.
8/15-8/19 (overlaps KrankWerx final weekend)
North Shore
8/19-8/20

As for Tahoe, I gotta hit norcal for other reasons, so I'm down to take a week off, hit the mountain, then do my other biznezz.

oh yeah, i might be down for for some sunday/monday action memorial weekend. i've got plans in LA for saturday night.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Whistler booked for Josh, Jason and I.
8/15-8/19 (overlaps KrankWerx final weekend)
North Shore
8/19-8/20

As for Tahoe, I gotta hit norcal for other reasons, so I'm down to take a week off, hit the mountain, then do my other biznezz.

oh yeah, i might be down for for some sunday/monday action memorial weekend. i've got plans in LA for saturday night.
That was the week I was planning on Whistler....you have to book it early or what?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That was the week I was planning on Whistler....you have to book it early or what?
no need to book it early, but we decided to to be safe w/ krankwerx goin' off. we got plane tix for $350 out of Burbank to Seattle (cheaper out of LAX, but we needed to go from Burbank, and we are driving up from Seattle w/ other buds). room is gonna cost us $105 per head for all 4 nights we will be there :) that is cheap. if you are gonna be there for a long time, look into the brocard (nsmb.com) to save up some charges on the lift tix.

randy, don't tempt me w/ the fishnet shirt idea. i'll put pix up.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Adam,

Where are you staying? That is cheap, I might book pretty soon if I can do it for that. It would be cool to hook up with you guys up there. We have get up to mammoth too...

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
A bunch of us did Snow Summit today. Weather was great aside from it being a little too warm. Did runs from open to close. No riding pics but it was a good time had by all.
The trails were VERY dusty, I only had sunglasses and my eyes are still red from all the dirt stuck in them. Nothing's really been packed down yet, pretty loose but time will fix that.

We all went to mexican food afterward, Sonora Cantina. It was pretty good. Although I was dipping a chip into salsa and just before I put it in my mouth I noticed something. Turns out it was the front half of a grasshopper. Yup, head, eyes, the whole deal. I won't be going back there. Stick with El Jacalito, better food anyway.

I did manage to snap 2 pictures (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics):

From the lift up:

Nagaredama eating the mountain burger (warning: they have changed the size of the patties from previous years, they're bigger. We both ordered the double cheeseburger and each one was easily almost a pound of meat!)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Adam,

Where are you staying? That is cheap, I might book pretty soon if I can do it for that. It would be cool to hook up with you guys up there. We have get up to mammoth too...
Joe,
Here is the link to the lodge we are in http://www.alluradirect.com/1446/

Mammoth is gonna be a go :) Also looking into N*.

Can we get a bit more of an update from the Big Bear krew? What bikes did you take? How were the lift nazis as far as letting big bikes on? How were the legit trails? Did you hear of anyone taking the poach-trails and get their impressions *wink-wink*?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Joe,
Here is the link to the lodge we are in http://www.alluradirect.com/1446/

Mammoth is gonna be a go :) Also looking into N*.

Can we get a bit more of an update from the Big Bear krew? What bikes did you take? How were the lift nazis as far as letting big bikes on? How were the legit trails? Did you hear of anyone taking the poach-trails and get their impressions *wink-wink*?
I am planning on Mammoth opening weekend if you are down to go.