Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i don't miss wanting to throw up afterwards
J-drizzle is awesome, but g'damn that loop is a lot of pedaling..

meh. i sound like a pussy
i need to get my XC legs back

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
for anybody who feels like a ride this weekend

tomorrow (friday) - street freeride UCLA/West LA/Santa Monica/Venice Beach areas most of the day, starting early

saturday - cabalero cyn, early (8 or 9am) http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=1040 <- maybe not this exact route, there's alot of trails out there

sunday - prolly more street or a run to the spot
You should ride with me on Sunday. The J-Drop loop is more fun although a lot longer.

Jul 7, 2008
Hey I might just do that. Is there alot of steep climbing on that loop? I'm kinda pussy when it comes to long steep climbs. Alot of times I will walk up and save my energy for the descent. I'll go uphill of course, but I'm not in it for "the burn". I'm in it for the drop... which looks nice from the pics I've seen.

What time do you head there?

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Most of the climbing is on a fireroad, so nothing too bad. If its hot then it can suck.

We used to pedal the entire Loop on our 40 lbs FR bikes. What kind of bike would you ride?

I plan on leaving from Sullivan Canyon around 8am.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
the new ripper in z class is going to be there ? i better stay home for this one, maybe abstrackt51 will show up and give you some comp ! randy are you going to make this race ? i got an extra bunk if you need a place to stay.
How about a rain check for that bunk during Coachella? :brows:

Jul 7, 2008
Most of the climbing is on a fireroad, so nothing too bad. If its hot then it can suck.

We used to pedal the entire Loop on our 40 lbs FR bikes. What kind of bike would you ride?

I plan on leaving from Sullivan Canyon around 8am.
I have a 40lb freeride bike:twitch:

(Canondale Chase)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ok, j$ had some bidnez come up, i'm rollin out on the party train friday night, but when i get up saturday, i'm gonna single speed my self around sully to sweat the last of the booze out. lemmy know if anyone is down for a mellow ride on sat.

Jul 7, 2008
It's actually about 36lbs

We had a pretty good ride on Saturday. We started at Caballero and ended up at that Roy Rogers park over there.. at the Polo Field.. and then rode all the way back. The ride back was almost all uphill it seemed like, which kinda blew, but the way down was awesome. 22 miles in all.

There are a couple pics at www.JayNay.com starting on page 5 with the shot of the Caballero Canyon sign

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
hey, i saw you pedaling around Virginia Park yesterday, almost asked if you rode that bike off-road but didn't get a chance.

you'll probably see me pedaling this around the ghetto, my urban quick transport, and dj machine.\

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
got the single speed dialed in a bit and rode it around melrose, did some shopping, eyeballed some chix. went to whole foods and saw a dude write a check for a box of cereal - wtf?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Jul 7, 2008
hey, i saw you pedaling around Virginia Park yesterday, almost asked if you rode that bike off-road but didn't get a chance.

you'll probably see me pedaling this around the ghetto, my urban quick transport, and dj machine.
You saw me? You shoulda stopped me! If you live close to there we should ride sometime. I live over near Pico & Sepulveda and I ride down to the beaches alot. I only have the one bike right now but I'll do just about any kind of riding with it.

How often do you ride street?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
You saw me? You shoulda stopped me! If you live close to there we should ride sometime. I live over near Pico & Sepulveda and I ride down to the beaches alot. I only have the one bike right now but I'll do just about any kind of riding with it.

How often do you ride street?
yeah, i live at the edge of the park off Virginia but i wasn't on my bike i was just walking so didn't feel like running you down. anyhow, i ride street pretty much every day; to the pool, to the beach, to the beer store, to the taco store, to the naked girl store.

i'm always up for a ride....

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
last run of the season at Mammoth. Best weather they've had all season!
Thanks to my buddy Chris for the paparazzi skills, he wouldn't quit until he got the money shot.

I ended up meeting up with Bob (Shiver Me Timbers) and Drew (1000-oaks) for this last run... they're both very chill dudes. Bob is a fukin riot and while he talks a lot of sh!t, he's pretty quick.... for an old fat guy. :cheers:

Bowbender

Chimp
Jan 31, 2002
Simi Valley
last run of the season at Mammoth. Best weather they've had all season!
Thanks to my buddy Chris for the paparazzi skills, he wouldn't quit until he got the money shot.

I ended up meeting up with Bob (Shiver Me Timbers) and Drew (1000-oaks) for this last run... they're both very chill dudes. Bob is a fukin riot and while he talks a lot of sh!t, he's pretty quick.... for an old fat guy. :cheers:
Nice pic!!:cheers:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Mammoth was fun, hope everyone made it home safe. Next year Brothers!
nice pics buddy!
I wish I had some pics from our Northstar trip this past weekend, 'cause it was a rippin' good time!! But alas, we're always too busy riding to stop and take pics.