Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
that's a fun loop. Be sure to throw in widow maker on your way out to j drop. or, better yet, shuttle from bayliss to the top of Westridge, drop 1st crack and then go up sulli. 3 tech drops in teh same amount of climbing as your 1 drop ride.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
come one come all.. let's get our aggressive XC on

spandex is optional, beer at the bottom is not.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
ok.. This Saturday.. 9am, at the bottom of Sully Cyn.

again.. will be a moderate pace ride, on bigger bikes..
i'll be pushing my 45lbs'er up all the steep climbs :monkeydance:

so if you ain't in a hurry and wanna shred J-drop, come on out

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I have no idea how you guys would ride this on anything other than a XC bike. The flowy singletrack and j drop made the burn worth it though.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
haha.. so you rode it eh..
we were at the DJs all day instead.

this is more of a cardio/endurance maintenance ride for me, so yea, i suffer through it on my 45lbs. Transition Dirtbag... J-drop's a nice reward at the end

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Were you guys there today? Saw two guys coming down off the Sully fireroad into the valley, one was riding a Transition BR or new Preston?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
nah. must have been someone else.
was it a pink BR? Adam (mandown) rides one.

DJs again tomorrow

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Saturday would be best for me.

You guys ride your big bikes on flats or clipped in?

Trying to decide whether I ride the my 575 which goes up well and down well or the AS-X which doesn't go up so well but is way more fun coming down.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'd say bring the AS-X, or else you'll be doing a lot of waiting :monkeydance:

i usually do this on my 45 pound fully with flatties, a little pushing, a little walking, and fun as hell on the way down
other two guys that will/might be going are on a Kona Stinky and Intense 6.6, so we try to keep the pace mellow

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
i'm still confirming with a coupla guys.. but let's plan for Saturday 9am at the bottom.. If something unexpected happens, I'll pm you tomorrow.

cool?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
My buddy and I will meet on Bayliss at 9am.

I'll be riding a tan Yeti AS-X.
Bring your legs...riding J Drop doesnt come easy. :shakefist:

I personally would bring the 575. Theres much singletrack and gradual grinding to be had. I dont think J Drop constitues lugging your Big Bike for the rest of the 15 miles, unless of course you're a sadist like bneall. :D

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Sorry again for the holdups guys, my endurance fluctuates with my work schedule. Saturday was the wake up call I needed to get my ass in shape again!

bneall: I've still got that guide if you want it.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
yea. good times fellas!

let me know when you're heading out to the BMX track next time, i'd love to check it out.

tgreathead: no worries dude! that's no sissy loop, props for sticking it out.