Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
I can leave Fri, and would have to come back Sun evening.
Need to be back to work on Monday, though I can be a bit late if we get back in late Sunday.

I'm getting jacked at work so I may have to leave on Fri nite the 22nd and either come home Sun eve or If I can pull it off perhaps ride half day Monday.

What can you do?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Blender/w4s,

I think the Fri come back late Sun is going to have to be it. I too have to be back for Monday work...but could be a bit late. Looking like you 2, E- Santos and myself. More than likely in my Suburban. We'd have to stick 2 bikes in the back as I only have a 2 postion rack.

Lets nail this down by early next week.

Aug 23, 2007
San Dimas
yup, the bike missed the plane transfer and then i got put on "bed rest" by the doc orders for a Canadian Black Fly bite in the arm (through my armour) out of concern for possible infection, which caused me to miss the heli-drop on Rainbow Mountain. yeah, that was a good trip :(

i've got about a 50/50 ratio of hospital trips per Whistler trip -
2002 - broken fork = broken face and dislocated shoulder
2003 - Joyride steep + tree = compression fracture of T3 vertebrae
2004 - Just scrapes and bruises = No Hospital!!!
2005 - lost bikes on the plane for me at OTE, then Black Fly bite resulting in massive swelling and risk of infection
2006 - Didn't go, stayed healthy (though, that may have been the summer after I dislocated my shoulder her in SoCal)
2007 - No issues
2008 - This year = anyone's guess. Place your bets kids.
Those odds don't look too good. How about giving me your plane ticket instead. :biggrin:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Blender/w4s,

I think the Fri come back late Sun is going to have to be it. I too have to be back for Monday work...but could be a bit late. Looking like you 2, E- Santos and myself. More than likely in my Suburban. We'd have to stick 2 bikes in the back as I only have a 2 postion rack.

Lets nail this down by early next week.
I'm thinking about riding Fri and Sat then driving home afterwards or waiting till Sunday morning.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
olympic BMX racing coverage is tonight and tomorrow.
don't miss this piece of cycling history in the making.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Any of you SoCal peeps selling dh rigs? If so, send me a PM please. I got a buddy looking for a bike that's race worthy and I'd rather purchase from SoCalifornians. Thanks!

The_Sluck

Chimp
May 14, 2007
Any of you SoCal peeps selling dh rigs? If so, send me a PM please. I got a buddy looking for a bike that's race worthy and I'd rather purchase from SoCalifornians. Thanks!
i have a large '04 demo for sale and i'm in SD. can't get any closer to home than that! :biggrin:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Isn't Adam selling his Douche Machine?

maybe after he's done shredding it in Whistler

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Edgy, bneall, Brian...

damn. that sh!t was fun..
my hands don't really work today, but i'm ready to hit some boondocks again soon!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
excellent!!

did you come out unscathed this trip?
no trips to the hospital kids!!! :cheers:
odd, considering the monday drunk-run down dirt merchant and then down garbonzo. the lifts shut down mid-day monday due to rain and lightning, so Zark's krew and some of ours grabbed some beerz and burgers at the Longhorn. we paid the tab and the rain stopped, so we took to the wet and muddy with a few-beer buzz flying. wahooo!!! (warning - the views posted here are not the views of ridemonkey.com. always drink responsibly, and never operate a bicycle while under the influence).

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Edgy, bneall, Brian...

my hands don't really work today, but i'm ready to hit some boondocks again soon!
yEAH..RIGHT ON! Thanks ..that was super fun. Boondookie could be the next best up an coming trail. I'm down for one more in 3-4 weeks!

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
^^^
mods?

can we get a Banzor up in here?
sorry, that was me.

anyhow, i'm thoroughly disappointed w/ N* and have no desire to go back any time soon. you guys sucked and it was really hard to hang with you jerk off fools all day long. next time i go i'm with some dudes that have some riding skills.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Edgy, bneall, Brian...

whizzler was the shizzle. bullit21 and O.T.E. got vids. holla at them for posts.

:plthumbsdown:

Since this thread is lacking in action pics from recent excursions, I'll just throw up a pic of a token hottie to get us through the night.

edit* oh, and for Brian. Need to be PC up on this thread.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You guys all suck. I finally got my shock back from Push. Ready to ride again, plus have just been too busy with other crap.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'll also be up at Mammoth this weekend but won't be doing much riding. Lakes are going to be stocked on Friday so most of my time will be spent fishing.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
:plthumbsdown:

Since this thread is lacking in action pics from recent excursions, I'll just throw up a pic of a token hottie to get us through the night.

edit* oh, and for Brian. Need to be PC up on this thread.
Damn, screw biking! I'm going to buy me a scion B and start hanging at import tuner shows!

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
haha, any you homo's touch my bike and i'll kill you...:biggrin:
hah... well at least it looks like your "flared dogbone link" problem is no longer a .. problem.

now you'll enjoy a permanently flexy rear end because of too closely spaced dw links.

sad.. very sad :nopity:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
j$ and i are talking about doing an XC ride saturday morning. anyone wanna join? i gotta convert my HT over to SS otherwise i can't ride, as both my bikes have der/shift issues currently waiting on brown santa to fix.