Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
This course is why I dh its steep rock drops and chutes and definently has some gnar too it. Couldnt get any of the sport riders to run it with me today, they walked to the top where the drops start and that was it! :D
sounds tasty!!!! i might have to get my sh!+ together and head out there? what class u running now t?
nags... have you hit up the single-track that drops down into the sf valley up by farmers? b21 found it last weekend and has been raveing ever since....... rolled right by it a million times and never knew it was there:disgust1:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
sounds tasty!!!! i might have to get my sh!+ together and head out there? what class u running now t?
nags... have you hit up the single-track that drops down into the sf valley up by farmers? b21 found it last weekend and has been raveing ever since....... rolled right by it a million times and never knew it was there:disgust1:
Expert!

Yeah it was great Donny did a great job. EC and I were talking and walkin the course, even he was pretty impressed at the steeps and rock drops in it. obviousley not a WC course but definently not a fontucky course!!!
Aielo, troy, Naish and Buhle were pretty happy about it as well. Good turnout and great peeps, Its nice to be back.

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
That is Hectic, pretty fun trail. In fact I plan on riding it tomorrow morning. Call in sick to work and we'll hit it up.

Have you ridden J-Drop yet?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Was able to snap a few pics from our session this weekend. Most turned out pretty blurry so excuse the quality.

Diesel obviously enjoying himself.

HAB

Kid on a 20 killing it.

These jumps and rhythm lines look dialed. Too bad none of us could hit it.

Santos

Good times. We miss the LA Krew.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
awesome pics fellas! looks like everyone had a hell of a weekend.
here's our shenanigans

exhibit A - crazy dude without a helmet

Exhibit B - human tractoring

and some riding...

Brian

Eric

Andrew, a dude from STR was throwing fatty no-footers off the first dub

and me

Last edited:

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Was able to snap a few pics from our session this weekend. Most turned out pretty blurry so excuse the quality.

These jumps and rhythm lines look dialed. Too bad none of us could hit it.

looks like a lot of work has been done since I was there last. When are we going back? :monkeydance:

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I just got word that some of my hook-suspension buds will be in the Angeles Forest this weekend swinging from trees. It sounds like they might be hiking near the ruins at Mt.W. If anyone is riding there this weekend, keep an eye out for hikers in the sky. I'd hate for y'all to go boost a hip and get tangled in a shark hook.

I'd be there, but the boss man has me chained to the desk.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
You read it right. My friends are going to hike into the forest, pierce themselves with hooks, attach the hooks to a rigging plate and rope and then throw the rope over a tree branch and get pulled off the ground. Watch out for them. You could catch a boot to the visor if you make a wrong turn. I'd be there, but I've gotta work.

ZzzzingZing

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007
San Diego, CA
Is anyone riding this weekend and wants to take the new guy out for ride? I have an itch that only singletrack, speed and air can scratch. Even if you get too lazy to pedal up, bring $5 I'll donate my truck for shuttle runs.

Any takers?

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Is anyone riding this weekend and wants to take the new guy out for ride? I have an itch that only singletrack, speed and air can scratch. Even if you get too lazy to pedal up, bring $5 I'll donate my truck for shuttle runs.

Any takers?
If you're willing to make a trek to OC, we'll probably be riding this Saturday.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Finally got some pics of the new rig after its maiden voyage yesterday. I call her Mariah, you'll see why.

Felt like a straight up diva on the trail yesterday.

Thanks again to all you mofos who helped out with the build. She's dreamy.

Last edited:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Finally got some pics of the new rig after its maiden voyage yesterday. I call her Mariah, you'll see why.

Felt like a straight up diva on the trail yesterday.

Thanks again to all you mofos who helped out with the build. She's dreamy.
Randy! She's looking haaawt! You can really see the glitter sparkle in that last pic.
Congrats.. i wanna hear riding impressions, now that you're on a fully legit DH race rig :monkeydance:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Thanks guys. In regards to the Kendas, I was having some minor wash out issues this weekend so I've been thinking about going back to Minions or trying something else out. Not in a huge rush though.

P, I'll give some feedback once I get more saddle time. Initial impressions were way positive though.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Presenting: Whoops Classic™
I've been off the thread for a while so I just saw this. This is my oldest pic, March of '04, pre-concrete lips...
And, with Nags' permission, I can post a pic of him with the first bike he ever took up there. (warning, image may contain saddle bag, bar ends and fork boots)

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Only one I have of me is after it was compressed, no longer have the original :(
Yup, I tried BMX for a matter of days. Got that bike for $12 from a police auction. There was only a rear brake and it literally could not stop to save my life. I still have it sitting in my garage if anyone knows where I can get some cranks & BB for super cheap :)

Last edited:

ZzzzingZing

Chimp
Jun 19, 2007
San Diego, CA
Eye witnesses will tell you that Randy's new rig looks better in person and in action. Saturday was a great day to drop elevation with a crew of great guys. I'm looking forward to riding again. cheers!