Quantcast

xc ride...... dh style. (Saturday 1/13)

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Do any of you guys know anything about the "ventura raceway" dh trail up in ventura that was mentioned in the latest decline mag? I camp in ventura all the time and now that i know there is a dh trail lurking in those hills i am hardly content chillin on the beach eating and getting drunk:twitch:. If anybody knows if the trail is hikeable, or if it is a shuttle only trail and where the dropoff point is please drop me a pm..... thanks guys, i'll be up there this saturday

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
i'm looking to do some ridin near malibu,santa monica area can somebody give me any suggestions
My standby rides in the SM Mountains are Sullivan Canyon and Jedi (the ridge along Sullivan fireroad).

EDIT: just saw your videos, looks like you'll probably want more DH. Jedi has some berms & jumps but its a decent pedal to the top. J-Drop would a good bet but its also quite a pedal to get to.

And check your PM's.

Last edited:

troubbledone

Chimp
Mar 16, 2007
Winchester,Ca
i dont mind the push up just want to do something to kill the time thanks in advace.I probably wont take my bike this week but hopefully i can get some good leads where to ride for next week

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
hmmm... Northstar opens on 6/12, if they open the upper mountain at that point, we should all mob up there!
If not, Laguna sound good to me.

Adam, you should check out Baldy... I hit it with Scott and Randy last weekend.. it was the shiznit!

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
fvck, got the invite to hit blady last weekend and took a pass. i was up all night with goth chix... i guess you could say i was "hitting baldy" but that's a different story...

also working on Tahoe trip plans for the year. other than 6/12, any planned dates set up yet?

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
fvck, got the invite to hit blady last weekend and took a pass. i was up all night with goth chix... i guess you could say i was "hitting baldy" but that's a different story...

also working on Tahoe trip plans for the year. other than 6/12, any planned dates set up yet?
I'm pretty sure that Brian, Edgy, Randy, myself and others are gonna try to get up there as often as possible. Maybe every other weekend or so. Brian picked up a season pass, and I'm thinking of doing the same.
It really is worth the drive!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm pretty sure that Brian, Edgy, Randy, myself and others are gonna try to get up there as often as possible. Maybe every other weekend or so. Brian picked up a season pass, and I'm thinking of doing the same.
It really is worth the drive!
Keep me in the loop ladies. I don't think I can get up there every other weekend, but definitely want to roll at least a couple times this summer. The bike needs a workout. It has a crazy look in it's eye when I open the garage :disgust1:

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
Keep me in the loop ladies. I don't think I can get up there every other weekend, but definitely want to roll at least a couple times this summer. The bike needs a workout. It has a crazy look in it's eye when I open the garage :disgust1:
no worries Joe.. will keep you posted
Livewire and Boondocks called your bike and told it to kick your ass in gear!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
If all of the mountain is open by N* opening weekend, I'll be there with a small crew.
Other than that, if you foos hit up Laguna (say this Sun), drop me a PM as I'd love to be shown around. I haven't ridden in Laguna since forever and now I live closer to the OC, it makes perfect sense to start riding there.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I finally just decided to be real with my self and what I ride, so I only have the Demo left. I came to grips that I don't enjoy pedaling.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
well, another season in the ****ter due to a dislocated shoulder. i did it mudwrestling on friday. dammit. this is number 3 for the right shoulder. perhaps time for pins and bolts and stuff. grrr.

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
Anyone riding in the SM mountains Sunday? I might have time to sneak away for a bit if my wife doesn't pop first.

Edit: changed to Sunday

Last edited:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
So you ladies take any N* pics or vids to share with the rest of us losers?
N* this weekend was epic..best conditions I've ever ridden there...slight rain makes that place perf!

Great time as usual with the "girls team".

Everybody was slaying it big time...Rhondies, E -Sanz and Rando finally killed LiveWire with some style!

We're all official Season Pass holders and we're due back in 2 weeks!

NO pics...Rando forgot the helm cam- DOH!

Aug 23, 2007
San Dimas
I know most of you went last week but I've got 2 open spots in my truck for N*. Looking to split gas and lodging, if you don't mind bunking on some floor space send me a PM.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
Good weekend at Northstar. Very nice weather.

Trails are about the same as last year, with some of them getting cleaned up. Expect braking bumps.
We rode Fri/Sat/Sun and found ourselves going back to our old favorite, Boondocks.

I broke my bike trying to fix it the day we did photos, so I had to hit all this stuff on a squeaky rental.

Here are a few (large) images highlighting some of the more interesting features at the park. Blender: Fox shirt, bneall: other guy

Lower Karpiel

Boondocks Drop

Flameout Drop

Gypsy Jump