Quantcast

XC rides in the LA area

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
a good friend of mine is moving to Hell-A very soon, and would like to get some local knowledge of good singletrack. i've never been out there, but i know the :dancing: is good for getting this sort of info. ciaran/ -bb- / zark, etc, can anyone give some nuggets of knowledge?

in this thread is cool, or PMs are fine as well.

thanks in advance.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
a good friend of mine is moving to Hell-A very soon, and would like to get some local knowledge of good singletrack. i've never been out there, but i know the :dancing: is good for getting this sort of info. ciaran/ -bb- / zark, etc, can anyone give some nuggets of knowledge?

in this thread is cool, or PMs are fine as well.

thanks in advance.
Depends on where in L.A. he'll be living, but you can find great XC all over the place. In my Pasadena location we have Mt. Wilson which offers miles and miles of singletrack riding. Feel free to have your friend post here or PM me and I'll be glad to help if I can.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
LA is huge area, there a lot of options actually.
I'm actually out in Santa Barbara, 2 counties and 100 miles away from "LA".
In the Calabasis and Newbury Park area, I know of some XC stuff if that helps ;)

Desey

Chimp
Aug 24, 2005
this is where I live and train year round.... bottom line... there is AWESOME riding all over the Santa monica Mountains... have your buddy check out Chesboro, Bull Dog (Malibu Creek State Park), Sycamore Canyon (Santa Monica National Park) just to name a few.

Oh yeah, he is going to be on road bike soon also. It is basically mandatory unless he wants to ride solo all the time.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Can you be more specific than just "LA?" Like Ciaran said, LA is a huge and he'll have different options depending on where he lives and how far he's willing to drive.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i think he's gonna live in/near Venice, if that helps (i am completely ignorant of LA and SoCal in general, having only been there once for a couple of days). so i guess there's not much just out his backdoor. i'll refer this thread to his attention, thanks for the input so far.

Aug 24, 2005
Hello All,

I'm the displaced NorCal rider Narlus was speaking about.

I will be living in Venice, working in Santa Monica. Enjoy the all-day singletrac, big ups, big downs, xc, downhill, technical rides, death marches, etc. I have no issues driving several hrs. to a killer ride (I commonly frequently boot to Downiville/Tahoe from the bay area).

Thanks for all ride leads, i'll start w/Santa Monica Mts. and work my way up to Santa Barbara.

See you on the trails.

Narlus....did you make Miles your aviator? Shame on you.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well i could revert back to my gonzo/freakpower avatar. but that pic of miles, knuckle-deep and w/ the orange safety goggles on, was too good to pass up. and it wasn't staged either, that's the beauty of it.

Aside from MTBR, I use singletrackmind.com to find info on trails around that area. I've talked to the webmaster and he tells me that there are more trails that are going to get posted on there. In addition to the info there are pics on all of the trails and direction to all of them.

Give it a look.