Quantcast

XC saddle

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
I have a WTB women's specific one too. It seems to work well. I've only had it since July. Before that, I just had the stock specialized saddle that came with my stumpjumper.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I love my specialized avatar gel, size 130 mm. For specialized they measure the width of the sit bones, so you get supported on your skeleton and not your soft parts.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
My Fizik needed to be retired once the padding started coming out the sides but it's still my favorite saddle.

I ride a Selle Italia Flite on my road bike and have no complaints. I just bought a Selle San Marco Bontrager Night Race to replace the Fizik on a mountain bike. It wasn't comfortable straight off but I've put about 150 miles on it and now it's better. It's harder than the Fizik but similar shape/size.

The Terry Zero saddles also look interesting...

edit- Fogot to mention I HATE the men's WTB Laser DH. It has some sharp edges that really rub me the wrong way. This caused me to shy away from the Women's WTB...though it's probably a million times better.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Have you borrowed any saddles from anyone? When I was on the search to find a new one I borrowed as many extra ones from my friends as I could.

I'm a fan of the straight up WTB Speed V on my trail bike. In the winter on my trainer I go for the Terry liberator, but it's too fat in the back for any trail riding.

Have you borrowed any saddles from anyone? When I was on the search to find a new one I borrowed as many extra ones from my friends as I could.

I'm a fan of the straight up WTB Speed V on my trail bike. In the winter on my trainer I go for the Terry liberator, but it's too fat in the back for any trail riding.

I don't even know any women around here who mtb - so borrowing is kinda tough :cheers:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
because I want a women's specific saddle.
The FireFly isn't really "woman specific". If that's what you're looking for, maybe look at the ButterFly? If it helps at all, I can tell you that right now I right a WTB SpeedV, but my next saddle (for road and MTB) will be a Terry Fly Ti.

The FireFly isn't really "woman specific". If that's what you're looking for, maybe look at the ButterFly? If it helps at all, I can tell you that right now I right a WTB SpeedV, but my next saddle (for road and MTB) will be a Terry Fly Ti.
actually, you're right. BUT the Terry website has a forum and the CEO and other employees respond. They recommend the fly and the only difference between the fly and firefly is the cover.

The butterfly is too wide.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!