Quantcast

XC trails in or around seattle?

jaffro

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
Seattle
Okay, just got an XC bike but haven't been in the area too long so I don't really know where the trails are. Closer to seattle the better because I don't have a car. Thanks for the help

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The bus and ferry will get you to a lot of "local" rides. Though both those sites are an awesome place to start for info and highly recommended here, another couple that may help are the WA trails pages on mtbr.com and dirtworld.com though both are not moderated too well and the trail reports and opinions will need to be weeded through. As per usual, if you let us know which side of town you are on, we could probably send you right to the local goods.
There's more options around here than you can effectively ride in a season.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
South Sea-Tac is pretty cool. The trails dont go anywhere and continually cross each other but its a fun place where you will run into other riders.

Issaquah-You can put your bike on the bus and get off in downtown Issaquah. Ride out behind the High School up to Round Lake-Lake Traditon. There are some trails but I like staying on the power line road and the main road. You can cross under the freeway and hook up to the old BN Raliroad trail on the otherside and go to Issaquah or continue to Preston and beyond.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
tapeworm is pretty xc oriented..... i mean its really tight in there but it helps build skill. Its in Renton? i dont live near seattle, ao i am only trying to remember

jaffro

Chimp
Jan 6, 2005
Seattle
Thanks guys. Borneo, I live in the U district and like I said I don't have a car but might be able to borrow my roomate's. Anybody know when Collinade will be opening?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Collonade: best thing to do is hyperlink the BBTC site as "Juice" will be keeping that up to date. The city is already digging and the trailwork can't be too far behind.
Ride up the Burke Gilman to St. Ed's or take the bus. East: look for Joe Metro bus routes for either Carnation, Fall City, or Pine Lake/Sahalie area for some XC goods.
Or, sign up for a BBTC ride on the calendar and ask if anyone can pick you up. I'm sure everyone will be looking for gas money... :eek:

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Banner Forest. Take bus #54 from downtown to West Seattle ferry, from Southworth take first letf on Sedgewick, go past church then school, take left on Banner Road. go past fire station, park is on your right. 1 spuare mile of XC goodness. Tight twisty to fast moto trails. No more motos, no bathrooms or water. Great place.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Issaquah-You can put your bike on the bus and get off in downtown Issaquah. Ride out behind the High School up to Round Lake-Lake Traditon. There are some trails but I like staying on the power line road and the main road. You can cross under the freeway and hook up to the old BN Raliroad trail on the otherside and go to Issaquah or continue to Preston and beyond.

Take Sunset east to find bike path over I90 (New interchange, Exit 18)

When you get on the RR grade on the north side of I 90 look for a trail to your left. Once on the trail take the first right to stay on the main trail. Sooner our later you will find the new trail up on top of the ridge.