Quantcast

XCX set-up issues.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
I just got an XCX guide for my XC bike and was setting it up and ran into some problems.To get the guide to line up so the chain doesn't rub I have to use 2 2.5mm spacers(which is required for the BB size) and the 2 .5mm spacers that came with the guide.The guide lines up great,but when I go to tighten my cranks down they bind and barely spin.

Any ideas?If it helps the frame is a Sette Reken(it was only $80. :thumb: ) and the cranks are Truvativ Stylo GXP's.

THANKS!

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
I just got an XCX guide for my XC bike and was setting it up and ran into some problems.To get the guide to line up so the chain doesn't rub I have to use 2 2.5mm spacers(which is required for the BB size) and the 2 .5mm spacers that came with the guide.The guide lines up great,but when I go to tighten my cranks down they bind and barely spin.

Any ideas?If it helps the frame is a Sette Reken(it was only $80. :thumb: ) and the cranks are Truvativ Stylo GXP's.

THANKS!
Hey,
Do you know which Stylo crankset you have? The older (06...first gen) Stylos used a very short spindle, which wouldn't allow for a normal e-type setup (07 and newer, and Stylo OCTs should work). As you have a 68mm BB shell, I'm sure that there is a way to get the guide lined up correctly.

I have a set of the OCTs in house that I can test fit, but I have a feeling you might have the original Stylos.

Try pulling out the 2.5mm BB spacer on the driveside and playing with the 0.5mm spacers (both on the inside maybe?).

Give me a heads up and I'll go research a bit! :thumb:

-Philip

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
The cranks I have are just called the GXP.I got them from a friend,and they came stock on his 09' Cannondale Rize.They seem to be the exact same thing as a Stylo as far as I can tell.

Also,this is why every bike I own has E13 rings and guides.
Amazing customer service and awesome products!

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Just messed with it a bit more and got it.
You're suggestion of 1 2.5mm and the 2 .5mm all on the inside of the guide worked perfect!
Thanks!
You have a dedicated customer for life!