Quantcast

XCX with SRS style top plate?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
Hi PJ,
The XCX was designed to be run as a no-frills XC race guide for 1x9/1x10 setups. If you're looking to run a bashguard, the next lightest setup would be to simply run an SRS+ without the lower roller portion attached, or the FreeChucker (which can be purchased with or without a Turbocharger), or an LG1+ for the best chain security (for the weight).

The SRS+ slider will not fit on the XCX backplate, as the XCX/LG1+ wearplate is designed specifically to interface with the backplate and prevent rotation (as is the SRS+ wearplate).

Cheers,
philip @ theHive/e*thirteen

Last edited:

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I was just wondering the same thing, now I know.

I currently run 1x9 with a bash guard plus custom inner guide plate on my Spitfire. It works great but is really noisy and annoying. I like the XCX but would have to lose the bash. I do hit my bash on stuff (mostly logs) sometimes. However, I think a middle ring with chain wrapped around it would be fine for the occasional hit into stuff...and the XCX would save a lot of weight over my current setup.

Any plan to make an XCX that bolts to ISCG tabs instead of the BB sandwich mount?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA

I currently run 1x9 with a bash guard plus custom inner guide plate on my Spitfire. It works great but is really noisy and annoying. I like the XCX but would have to lose the bash. I do hit my bash on stuff (mostly logs) sometimes. However, I think a middle ring with chain wrapped around it would be fine for the occasional hit into stuff...and the XCX would save a lot of weight over my current setup.

Any plan to make an XCX that bolts to ISCG tabs instead of the BB sandwich mount?
Actually as the XCX is an XC race-y type product, and ISCG tabs tend to be an AM/FR type standard, we'll be offering the XCX in a variety of other mounts.

This is the current breakdown of XCX mounting types:
  • XCX.BB - Currently Out
  • XCX.ST High Clamp - Out within two weeks
  • XCX.ST Low Clamp - Out within two weeks
  • XCX.Etype - For E-type and frame mounted E-type tabs (think Specialized)
  • XCX.Dtype - Shimano Direct Mount...looking like a 2011 product
  • XCX.CX - CX/Road specific 43.5mm Chainline version...also 2011

All sorts of fun projects in the works...2011 will be awesome :thumb:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

LG1+ is working perfectly on my Spitfire.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
LG1+ is working perfectly on my Spitfire.
I'm sure it is, but that doesn't really help me. It still has no bashguard, the tensioner is not really necessary, and I thought I remember reading somewhere that Keith said not to use Taco type bash guards on the Spitfire. Still, I may just run an XCX either by itself or with a custom Taco if the single ring alone is not working for me. I'll get an XCX ordered this weekend to try it out. I want the lightest and simplest solution possible.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Another option is to run an LG-1+ backplate/upper guide bolted to the ISCG tabs without the lower roller and taco. I've run this set-up now on two different frames with very good success.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Good idea, although that is basically what the XCX is, and it is much cheaper than a complete LG1+. Although that makes me think that if I do want to keep a bash ring, then get a SRS+ and just use the bash and upper guide and take off the lower roller, which is what Philip suggested up above.