Quantcast

XenForo transition complete: post here with issues

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why both post likes and reputation?
Answered in the other thread.

Having the post # and date/time of post on bottom of the post seems odd. Makes it hard to quickly locate where you may have left off reading last time.

Formatting is also weird. Date/time entry looks to be slightly higher, or a different font than the rest of the data before and after it.
Agreed on both counts. The postbit, specifically, is something I'll be working on.

You now have to click "More Options" and then "Preview" to see what a post looks like prior to actually posting. Can the "Preview" button be added next to the current 3 buttons?

That appears to be how it's setup in the classifieds.
It's the same in the classifieds. I can't imagine it'd be hard to add, I'll look into it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Short response, as it's all I have time for at the moment:

work has a limited browser, and i can't get this to tune in clean on it. i may be goofing off in these parts less frequently :(
This. I'm not really liking the new site. Too difficult and doesn't work well from the office. Even less so on the phone.
Maybe it's due to my work browser settings/capabilities, but this entire site as a whole is dreadful to navigate. I did not contribute anything specific in my post, because frankly there's too many to list. I'm just bummed, because 99% of my RM browsing is at work and clearly things just don't jive there.

Sorry for being so short and snippy in my first post....but to be honest, this is a perfect example (to me) that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Maybe it's due to my work browser settings/capabilities, but this entire site as a whole is dreadful to navigate. I did not contribute anything specific in my post, because frankly there's too many to list. I'm just bummed, because 99% of my RM browsing is at work and clearly things just don't jive there.

Sorry for being so short and snippy in my first post....but to be honest, this is a perfect example (to me) that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
let me guess, you're still on IE8?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Personally I've found this new stuff to be a pretty easy transition. It looks like, feels like, smells like and sometimes even tastes like the old forum; only with round corners on everything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Yep. Painfully slow and difficult to navigate.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I did not contribute anything specific in my post, because frankly there's too many to list.
Okay. So I guess I won't worry about what's wrong for you. If you ever decide that you'd like to contribute to fixing the problem, I'm here to listen. Until then, I'm not exactly going to work hard fixing something where someone won't even spend 10 minutes trying to describe what the issue is so I can investigate.

Start with one problem.

You know how they say "lead, follow or get out of the way?"

This is: "contribute to a solution, accept the way it is, or shut up and suffer in silence."

but to be honest, this is a perfect example (to me) that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
It was broke. Just not completely evident on the user side.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Thanks BV the site is awesome! Somebody buy him a beer. If I could I would send you a big chunk of Moroccan Hashish. But I sadly cannot....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Whoops, I missed a user permission.

Refresh and look now - do you see "Tags" under the quick reply box?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
So....trying it out on Chrome at home, and already 75% of what I was griping about is resolved....LOTS of buttons present that were previously showing as empty boxes....hence my frustration and the "difficulty navigating."

Also, not sure exactly what it is, but the formatting itself seems a lot better; easier to read, follow the order of things, buttons/tabs in order, etc. Maybe it was the blank boxes themselves screwing everything up in IE?!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So....trying it out on Chrome at home, and already 75% of what I was griping about is resolved....LOTS of buttons present that were previously showing as empty boxes....hence my frustration and the "difficulty navigating."

That alone makes me want to stay. You're welcome BV :rofl:
Can you give me an example of one so that I can figure out why they were showing empty?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I left my work laptop at home, so I'll have to check tomorrow. I can't think of what specifically they were, which is strange given how absurdly difficult it is to navigate without them. I don't quite realize exactly what's different, but I know I have no issues moving around now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
One immediate thing I can't figure out, and is what I use most often (and might have already been covered)....is there a way to access a list of threads you've posted in? Used to be "subscribed threads." That was the main hub of my surfing. Don't see a tab under my username. The "Watched Threads" seems like it should be it, but this thread doesn't come up in the list, and should be right at the top....

EDIT: new issue (first time it happened)...ad in the quick reply box?! Can't type in it...

Attachments

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'm glad the demons that used to taunt me and say mean things in the background are gone. My self esteem should slowly return. I hope...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The "Watched Threads" seems like it should be it, but this thread doesn't come up in the list, and should be right at the top....

EDIT: new issue (first time it happened)...ad in the quick reply box?! Can't type in it...
Watched Threads is it - go into your Preferences and check off "automatically watch threads you post or reply to." Same as VB - that's not the default.

Not sure what happened with the quick reply box. I've not seen it and can't replicate. I'll assume it's a one-off glitch unless someone else mentions it or you see it again.

I only go a few places here, and I collapse the middle forums. Every time I return, I have to collapse the same forums again. How can I get them to stay collapsed between visits?
Hrm, I enabled that feature specifically for that reason but didn't test it. Will get back to you.

How do you tell when a member is online. Old format had a circle that was green when they were online.
It's not a current function but the next version, 1.4, which is already in its third beta (so release isn't very far out) has that.