Quantcast

Xgames are going to sick this year.......

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
When are the xgames? That is going to be super sick.

I saw some skateboarding comps on TV a few weeks ago called the Maloof cup or something like that. It was awesome to see how much the skaters were finally making. 100,000 for first place. It's about time.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
oh god. "sick" used in the thread title about the xgames and then again in the first reply.

i think i'm going to be "sick"

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I've always liked the XG's for the "wow factor" of some of the tricks and moves pulled off. But over the last few years it's gotten to the point where it's just silly with the course and ramp designs. The street park configuration for the 06-08 years was a joke, it looked like the riders were riding around in a giant labyrinth then a skate park.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I just can't listen to those asinine commentators. The tricks are cool, but all the crap in between is intolerable.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was hoping the X-games would be rad. I'm so un-stoked right now. They should at least be EXTREME!1!1!1!

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Freestyle motocross is even easier to fall asleep to on the couch than a Nascar race.
there is truth in this. that one kid should have won, with the 360 downside indian air. that is retarded. i don't want to see a midget do the same trick he did last year and win again.

And a Tapout T.
i'd wear my graphic pinstriped blazer from pacsun, but my neck tats need room to breathe, so i left it in my lifted truck.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
what happened to the old days of the Xgames?....street luge, downhill fruit bootin (awesome crashes), surfing, wall climbing, sky diving,

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I just can't listen to those asinine commentators. The tricks are cool, but all the crap in between is intolerable.
Might as well have called it the Moto/Rally Games for all it's worth this time around...
I managed to watch coverage almost every day and 80% of the time it was some kind of moto event and hype for the Rally events this past Sunday. So what happened to bikes, blades, boards, rock climbing, skydiving and all the rest that was the main center of attention?
And the commentators sound like drunk surfer dudes at a bar watching sports center.
Don't get me wrong the progression is crazy for what their doing I just feel they're losing the entire point of what the "X Games" were supposed to be about to begin with.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I watched some of the skate park finals.

what they built for that was nice.

other than the bikes, fvck everything else.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Boring as hell. I caught most of the moto and rally events, but never managed to catch any BMX comps, which is all I really enjoyed watching back in the day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Might as well have called it the Moto/Rally Games for all it's worth this time around...
I managed to watch coverage almost every day and 80% of the time it was some kind of moto event and hype for the Rally events this past Sunday. So what happened to bikes, blades, boards, rock climbing, skydiving and all the rest that was the main center of attention?
And the commentators sound like drunk surfer dudes at a bar watching sports center.
Don't get me wrong the progression is crazy for what their doing I just feel they're losing the entire point of what the "X Games" were supposed to be about to begin with.
It stopped being "eXtreme" when the suburbanite kids took them up. Nothing says extreme like skateboarding to the Gap.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Flat-brimmed caps trend needs to die a swift death. Oversized sunglasses too.

Of course, the bellbottom generation probably hated my parachute pants, Flock-of-Seagulls hairstyle and sequin glove. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Flat-brimmed caps trend needs to die a swift death. Oversized sunglasses too.

Of course, the bellbottom generation probably hated my parachute pants, Flock-of-Seagulls hairstyle and sequin glove. :D
Actually, oversized sunglasses are kinda nice. There's a little bit of function to it - IE giving your eyes more coverage. I didn't get into them until I lived on the beach in SoCal. But there's a limit to it, and a lot of the ones I see are just silly (in size, and they have practically clear lenses. Its like buying novelty sunglasses at a clown supply outlet.)

FWIW I have a pair of Electric KO sunglasses. Large enough for full coverage and minimal silliness.

http://www.katinsurf.com/K.O.-Mod-Series-Grey-p-18199.html

edit: I should also note that I have a large head (and subsequently larger facial features), so I require a larger pair of glasses in the first place.

Last edited:

cneums

Monkey
Jul 9, 2009
Maryland, USA
electrics are mint glasses. i love their goggles too. the only good part about the actual x-games was the double front flip pulled off on the BMX big air thing...but even that didn't win.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
It stopped being "eXtreme" when the suburbanite kids took them up. Nothing says extreme like skateboarding to the Gap.
Since you live in Morristown, don't those kids make up about 70% of the youth population? ;)
And if I remember right it was the Morristown mall that had the Van's skate park to go riding in the winter time, just look out for shaggy haird kids with tight pants on brake less bmx bikes with big bars, ohh wait... :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Since you live in Morristown, don't those kids make up about 70% of the youth population? ;)
And if I remember right it was the Morristown mall that had the Van's skate park to go riding in the winter time, just look out for shaggy haird kids with tight pants on brake less bmx bikes with big bars, ohh wait... :D
nah dude that 70% is now of Latino/Hispanic descent. Their fav sport is playing frogger on wal-mart bikes.

And the Van's skate park is no more. Closest indoor park is Hackettstown.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Morristown hasnt had a skate park in god knows how long.

nah dude that 70% is now of Latino/Hispanic descent. Their fav sport is playing frogger on wal-mart bikes.
where you are it is. they all seem to be concentrated around HQ Plaza. go another mile and youll find rich white folk in multi million dollar houses

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Actually, oversized sunglasses are kinda nice. There's a little bit of function to it - IE giving your eyes more coverage. I didn't get into them until I lived on the beach in SoCal. But there's a limit to it, and a lot of the ones I see are just silly (in size, and they have practically clear lenses. Its like buying novelty sunglasses at a clown supply outlet.)

FWIW I have a pair of Electric KO sunglasses. Large enough for full coverage and minimal silliness.

http://www.katinsurf.com/K.O.-Mod-Series-Grey-p-18199.html

edit: I should also note that I have a large head (and subsequently larger facial features), so I require a larger pair of glasses in the first place.
Thanks for clarifying that.