Quantcast

XM is way better than Sirius...

J

JRB

:D I don't really have a preference, but thought it was funny that a "my radio is better than your radio" thread was closed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That thread is nearly as stupid as the chiropractic thread :rolleyes:

I didn't read it until it got locked and then I knew something had to be going on...

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
My records are better than your 8-track. :D
I don't have an 8-track, but do have a turn table that can rock some Japan or Generation X. :p

J

JRB

binary visions said:
That thread is nearly as stupid as the chiropractic thread :rolleyes:

I didn't read it until it got locked and then I knew something had to be going on...
I couldn't bring myself to read it.

J

JRB

narlus said:
Japan, really?

didn't know you were a fan. i think i've got _Gentlemen Take Polaroids_.
Pretty sure mine is "Obscure Alternatives". :think:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I read the other thread and found it amusing....

I have a Sirius unit but have yet to activate it as I mostly use my iPod or CDs, and can't listen to music at work.

I would have gone with Sirius strictly based on that, but now I'm sold.
Here's a quick comparison of the two as of December of '05.

http://www.radiosatellite.org/

One of the quotes that stood out was...

"XM no longer rebroadcasts Clear Channel content but continues to maintain a business relationship with Clear Channel."

As ALL of us cyclists remember Clear Channel, it should make ALL or our decsions very easy.

And it was interesting that they show Sirius as having an exclusive on NFL, NBA, AND NHL....

J

JRB

peter6061 said:

I have a Sirius unit but have yet to activate it as I mostly use my iPod or CDs, and can't listen to music at work.

"XM no longer rebroadcasts Clear Channel content but continues to maintain a business relationship with Clear Channel."

As ALL of us cyclists remember Clear Channel, it should make ALL or our decsions very easy.

And it was interesting that they show Sirius as having an exclusive on NFL, NBA, AND NHL....
I think that anyone that believes that Clear Channel, as a whole, has anti-cyclist sentiment is slightly dellusional. Sure there were some questionable broadcasts, but blanket statements about the anti-cyclist agenda seem goofy to me.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
loco said:
I think that anyone that believes that Clear Channel, as a whole, has anti-cyclist sentiment is slightly dellusional. Sure there were some questionable broadcasts, but blanket statements about the anti-cyclist agenda seem goofy to me.
I tend to hold grudges and saw the instances happen way too many times.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
robdamanii said:
Is it an old 70s style turntable or is it a new high tech model?

but there were still turntables in the 80's.

*I don't know how old the one I have is, but whenever it was built they were still using tubes.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Secret Squirrel said:
Fixed....
just because he's ravishingly gorgeous, don't project yr brokeback fantasies on me, sailor. ;)

actually, i've got a solo cd from his too (_Gone To Earth_) which is pretty good. i think he lives in NH now.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
narlus said:
just because he's ravishingly gorgeous, don't project yr brokeback fantasies on me, sailor. ;)

actually, i've got a solo cd from his too (_Gone To Earth_) which is pretty good. i think he lives in NH now.
I'm just bored....I have nothing to do here at work until a meeting with lunch provided...so I'm just passing time right now....I luv Fridays!!! I'll never quit you....

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
peter6061 said:

I did a little research several years ago when I heard about the XM/Clear Channel relationship. One of the things I found was that CC is financially involved in a majority of this country's arenas and stadiums. If Sirrius airs any kind of live concerts, you better believe CC is getting some coin in their pockets for it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
speaking of live concerts, the boston celtics have a new twist to marketing some of their games. after some of the home games, they build a quick stage and have some band play. no bands have ever interested me, but it's a fairly innovative idea, i think.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
narlus said:
speaking of live concerts, the boston celtics have a new twist to marketing some of their games. after some of the home games, they build a quick stage and have some band play. no bands have ever interested me, but it's a fairly innovative idea, i think.
Hmmm....some mountain venue out in this corner of the country was planning on doing something similar....sounded pretty cool...They had an ampitheater at the top of the lift and after the DH races were over they'd have a band play into the night...never materialized last year, but maybe this year!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
narlus said:

MLS tried that here, but then proceeded to get really sucky bands. :)