Quantcast

xmas gift for your cycling alcoholic friend

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have gifted the silver version on three different occasions, each time to a good friend who appreciates campy products as well as wine.

If you have to ask why it costs so much, you probably won't get it even if someone tried to explain. It might help if you ever actually picked one up and felt the quality, or got a chance to actually use one. But then again maybe not.

There is a cheaper, plastic version.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You actually use that?

I can't stand them. I only use the typical wine key.

I don't own one, I've gifted them and I have used them. This is not your typical $4 puller. First of all, you can't tell until you see one in person but they are huge, at least a foot tall. Second, they are of the same quality as the old-school campy tools, so there is a tactile feel and a connection to good shop memories for anyone old enough to actually remember using that stuff (like me). Oh, and the thing pivots on actual campy steel chainring bolts. It's ridiculous, totally unnecessary, and yet awesome.

But yeah I also normally use a regular key.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
My wife works at a restaurant, we have no less than 10 of those at the house at any one time.
And on behalf of all wine reps... take them to work! :D

Wine keys are a lot more expensive than pens, but somehow leave the building with such frequency that some managers say if you show up without one, go home.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I thought about getting the flask holder, but really, just a waste of money... eventho very cool and the story behind it.