Quantcast

xmas lights

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Bonkers is an understatement! :eek: I was just watching a show about some guy who had his lights timed to music. He was an electrical engineer and it was actually pretty cool, but a little overkill nonetheless.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
kinghami3 said:
Bonkers is an understatement! :eek: I was just watching a show about some guy who had his lights timed to music. He was an electrical engineer and it was actually pretty cool, but a little overkill nonetheless.

And he had to shut it down due to the traffic jam he caused in the neighborhood.

We used to have a "Tacky Light Holiday house" down the street from us. Actually four of them would get together and go nuts. It used to take me 20 minutes to go 3 10ths of a mile to my house only to find some looky-loos parked in front of my driveway. The low flying helicopter tours were choice too. :mumble:

Mike

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
robdamanii said:
I think I read somewhere that the city shut him down because the house caused several traffic accidents as people stared at it and not the road.
I wouldn't doubt that. But damn, that was creative.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
my neighborhood is always on NYC news ... this guy puts up tons and tons of lights for christmas, in Dyker heights every year... now everyone in the area copies him, they all try to out do one another. traffic has gotten so bad they put 4 policemen there to help out.
they also have sants, elmo, scooby, spidey and other characters there handing out candy. some people go there to make money by selling glow sticks and stuff for the kids.. its a madhouse