Quantcast

xoxoxoxoX - Thoisday - Xoxoxoxox

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i got a special needs kid and my wife is disabled. i'm thankful i get to ride at all
Invisibility Disability is annoying and time consuming. I can’t tell you how often people tell me “just do X” and then I have to figure out how to explain to them that X isn’t an option. Even people who know my issues still suggest silly things. Why does everything’s take twice as long when I do it? Well, it all started on a DH run actually :)

Enjoy the occasional rides while you can. This aging shit isn’t easy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Invisibility Disability is annoying and time consuming. I can’t tell you how often people tell me “just do X” and then I have to figure out how to explain to them that X isn’t an option. Even people who know my issues still suggest silly things. Why does everything’s take twice as long when I do it? Well, it all started on a DH run actually :)

Enjoy the occasional rides while you can. This aging shit isn’t easy.
yea, i basically have to be on call at all times, especially now that school is letting out. my daughter is already done, my son is done june 10th.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yea, i basically have to be on call at all times, especially now that school is letting out. my daughter is already done, my son is done june 10th.
You could become a road hawg like me and just ride from home whenever you get the opportunity. I miss DH weekends, a lot, but I'm riding way more than I ever have because I just streeeeetch on some spandex and head off into traffic

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have not, but my son takes it (note: he is ADHD). i should probably try it, but that's sort of unrelated to the pain i'm having right now. i'm starting to think i may have strained my hamstring, and possibly aggravated something in my knee. i had a muscle cramp in my right calf sunday night, but i chalked that up to heat and riding. drank a lot of gatorade in case i was low on electrolytes. only notable result of that was having to pee a lot.
waking up in the middle of the night with random ass calf cramps is the worst....or hamstring...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
hot diggity dog! I just got confirmation that I am a go for a river camping trip with my buddies in July! This one:

the best part? we're going to bring our kids! River camping trips have been on my bucket list since I was 10. To get to share this with my boys makes my heart swell with joy. My only regret is this first trip will only be with one of my boys, but it will serve as my initiation to it, and I'm 100% certain it will be the first of many trips. I can't freakin' wait!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
i have not, but my son takes it (note: he is ADHD). i should probably try it, but that's sort of unrelated to the pain i'm having right now. i'm starting to think i may have strained my hamstring, and possibly aggravated something in my knee. i had a muscle cramp in my right calf sunday night, but i chalked that up to heat and riding. drank a lot of gatorade in case i was low on electrolytes. only notable result of that was having to pee a lot.
Are you sure it isn’t a pinched nerve in your back ir slightly slipped disc? Those can cause this.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I have read that it takes more ATP for muscles to relax than it does for them to contract, so cramps are often the result of mitochondrial exhaustion and not hydration/electrolyte imbalance.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What’s the texture like? Tartare Probably wouldn’t matter, but diced like sashimi it seems like it be a bit chewy just based on how raw chicken slices.
You know, it was 17 years ago, in 2005 in Nagoya, Japan (holy frick am I ever getting old). I'm trying, but I can't really remember the texture (there was a lot of sake flowing that night. and I'm getting old!). I think it was sliced fairly thin, and maybe not as long as fish sashimi. And as with fish sashimi, you dip it in soy sauce, or a variation thereof. We didn't eat all that much of it, as there was a ton of other stuff to eat... Japanese Izakaya is so freaking awesome!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I had one more for dessert...

IMG_20220526_142919793_copy_1500x2000.jpg

Not pictured heroin chic skinny momma moose expressing her displeasure...

IMG_20220526_143025766_copy_1500x2000.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my rm account is still linked to a defunct hotmail account....

should probably change....