Quantcast

Xprezo Adhoc 650b

Barrier Kult

Chimp
Feb 8, 2014
Just finished building this up yesterday and banged off some shots.

In case you don't know, this is hand made in Bromont, Quebec by Cycles Xprezo. It uses a Columbus Zona chromoly rear mated to an aluminum front. It has 150mm rear travel via a linkage driven single pivot. The fork is an X Fusion Metric, set at 160mm. It weighs in at about 30lbs, 5oz.

Enjoy!

Ti one piece top cap/bolt:

gretch

Chimp
Feb 15, 2013
Nelson, B.C.
Just finished building this up yesterday and banged off some shots.

In case you don't know, this is hand made in Bromont, Quebec by Cycles Xprezo. It uses a Columbus Zona chromoly rear mated to an aluminum front. It has 150mm rear travel via a linkage driven single pivot. The fork is an X Fusion Metric, set at 160mm. It weighs in at about 30lbs, 5oz.

Enjoy!

Ti one piece top cap/bolt:

Gotta say that build looks stellar. If you don't mind me asking what is the shock length/stroke and how much for just the frame? Thx.

Barrier Kult

Chimp
Feb 8, 2014
I think so. It is there mostly to add stiffness, One nice detail is that all the bearings are Enduro bearings, not some cheap quality units.

I'm 4 rides in on the bike, and I'm shocked by how good it is every time I go out. I can't tell if its the suspension (especially the fork) or the frame and the fork. Xprezo really banged out some good numbers in the geometry dept and the XF suspension just adds to it. It climbs like a proper trail bike then descends like a mini downhill bike. I've never experienced a bike that felt good doing both. Always one or the other.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
glad to see you like the XF stuff.. my next bike will atleast have an XF fork, blown away how good his 'cheap' fork feels.

bike also looks purty. i love (domestic) handmade stuffs.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cool company to deal with too, the lads at Chromag make a few bits for the Xprezo frames.

I was looking at getting their hardtail but I would have broken it using it for the wrong things, wish they'd make either a nice AM hardtail as their prices are very reasonable or a Gam Jam(?) in a larger frame size it would be a fun all day bike.

herbman

Monkey
Feb 16, 2011
North West Tasmania
Has anyone here used these? I just installed them but haven't ridden it yet.

Had them on a DHX air, I could feel the difference and had to play with the shock setup a wee bit. But they are still going strong and lasted really well but I did keep the grease up to them and there was always a small bit od play that you could feel in them but it new showed in the ride.
Only reason I'm not running them now as I went with a CCDBair

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
One nice detail is that all the bearings are Enduro bearings, not some cheap quality units.
I dont see the advantage of enduro bearing, I would rather have a properly sealed cage bearing then the enduro bearing with crappy seals. Or have they changed that by now because the enduro bearings I had didnt seal properly.