Quantcast

XPS vs PDF

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
From a quick investigation, it appears PDF is an open standard... so Adobe really doesn't have any market cornered, do they? Can you create/read PDFs with about 4000 different applications?
well, Adobe is suing companies that embedded PDF writing capabilities into their software without paying them a licensing fee.

I don't know the details, but between that and embedding a direct link to FedExKinkos in their software, they're alienating their user base as well as newbies who want a simple export tool built-in.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
From a quick investigation, it appears PDF is an open standard... so Adobe really doesn't have any market cornered, do they? Can you create/read PDFs with about 4000 different applications?
Is there another PDF reader for windows based systems aside from Acrobat? I'd sure like to know as I've been having problems with Acrobat for some time now on my work PC and help desk says they can't do anything about it, it's a known error that Adobe blames on IE 7.0 and Microsoft blames it on Acrobat... so nobody fixes it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Is there another PDF reader for windows based systems aside from Acrobat? I'd sure like to know as I've been having problems with Acrobat for some time now on my work PC and help desk says they can't do anything about it, it's a known error that Adobe blames on IE 7.0 and Microsoft blames it on Acrobat... so nobody fixes it.
Google is your friend. :p