Quantcast

XT Derailer on a 2oo2-2004 enduro

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
Has anyone had success installing a FD-M760 derailer on a Specialized Enduro??? I just got one and it seems to be a pain...

HELP!!!

Also any tricks on getting an 2002 XTR Rear deriler to stop hitting the 34t cog even with the B screw all the way cranked down??

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
It does have 11t... so if I swap it to 10, will I need to shorten the chain a link??

Brian

ZachTheMech

Monkey
Mar 17, 2004
Browns Summit, NC
odd, i run a xtr short cage with 10t pulleys and a 34 big cog in back, dont have issues. You got the b tension screw all teh way in? or possibly the srping tension is shot.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
like zach said, it sounds like your spring tension is shot, not surprising if its an 02' der. I run an XT on an 12-34 and have no trouble, do you run an extra short chain? Sometimes too short a chain can cause a little rubbing on the 34 gear, as well as wear out the tension spring a little quick too.

Neccros

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
It's hard to beleive the spring tension would be shot considering the bike is practically brand new(Only has 4 rides on it)...

Also the chain is the perfect length... so length isnt an issue...

Brian

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Neccros said:
Also any tricks on getting an 2002 XTR Rear deriler to stop hitting the 34t cog even with the B screw all the way cranked down??
Some bikes just do it. Had an XT derailluer on my HT, and it rubbed all the time. Moved it to the FS and have had no rub at all.

To get just a little more out of the b -screw, turn the screw around.

To get a little extra length out of the b-tension screw, try this.

Take off the der. and unscrew the tension screw all the way out. Now screw it back in from the back side, so that the head of the bolt will now be resting against the der. hanger. This doesn't allow you to adjust it once you bolt it back on the bike. I usually screw it in until the end of the screw comes through flush with the bracket it's screwing into.

Good luck.

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
Specialized are notorious for having the XTR (RD-M952) rubbing against the 34T cog due to a short hanger. You can either switch to an XT or get an aftermarket hanger, such as North Shore Billet that is longer.

I've seen it tons on Epic and FSR. The Enduro will have the same problem since it is the same rear end as the FSR.