Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Guys i was just joking arround with the thread title:D,changed the title

Last edited:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Brakes look ok, but I still hate on hydros.
Shifter took a page from zipp's design group. Does that make it more aero?!?!?
Isn't it about time they had a rear derailleur with a cable routing that wasn't retarded? It's getting better, but with all the robots in japan i think they could build one that could straighten a cable.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Those are the wheels I've been waiting for. Bummed to see them going away from radial master cylinders though. Gonna be even more bummed if they ****-canned DualControl (I know I'm the only person in the world that likes it though).

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Shifter took a page from zipp's design group. Does that make it more aero?!?!?
:rofl:

It was incredible how many roadies we had wanting in on the new dimpled rims when Zipp unfurled them. You would have thought that was all the stood between those guys and a world championship. :rofl:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
WAAAY too SRAMy to my taste... The brakes have some sort of matchmaker and the master cylinder looks like a Code proto from the last year... Ironically, should we change back to Shimano in order to have a decent SRAM gruppo?
You should change to have something to point at when standing in the parking lot at your few rides. Show them to friends and strangers who dog walk.:thumb:

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Has anyone seen the one page ad in the June Decline from Shimano? It's very vague - advertising something being released this fall. The graphic on the page shows what is kind of an X - so it could be the new XTR, but I'm guessing the graphic could also represent an internal gearbox...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ill be the first to say that it sucks if they go back to a wack bolt pattern on the xtr cranks...i run them on every bike i have, even considering it on my dh bike right now...but not if they do that...ugh.

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Has anyone seen the one page ad in the June Decline from Shimano? It's very vague - advertising something being released this fall. The graphic on the page shows what is kind of an X - so it could be the new XTR, but I'm guessing the graphic could also represent an internal gearbox...
Nevermind - having seen the photo of the cranks, the ad is definitely advertising the new XTR. Wishful thinking on my part.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Nevermind - having seen the photo of the cranks, the ad is definitely advertising the new XTR. Wishful thinking on my part.
I wish there would be some news in gearboxes world, but I doubt the new graphics-like marketing (started over the world) is going to introduce something else than new XTR. Nevermind, I really love this pattern.

Last edited:

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
^^

If by "unreal", you mean "built for XC", then sure. :)

New XTR = last year's XTR on close-out = I get new crank for my bike. Win!