Quantcast

XTR Hydraulic SHIFTER/LEVER

LostBoyScout

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Vancouver BC
Mmmmmmm...

I still think I'm gonna go with the new Marta's though.. yummy!

I love all the new XTR stuff except I think I prefer the old XTR cranks still at this time... they just had something about them, the gunmetal with the sharp lines, they were just so awesome!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by LostBoyScout
Mmmmmmm...

I still think I'm gonna go with the new Marta's though.. yummy!

I love all the new XTR stuff except I think I prefer the old XTR cranks still at this time... they just had something about them, the gunmetal with the sharp lines, they were just so awesome!
that's odd, i'm not interested in anything except for the cranks....the disc capliers do look extremely nice though, the machining on them is very impressive but i'm interested in seeing how the hydralic sti levers turn out. just want to see how the wear and tear takes it's toll on the hydraulic brake levers takes the liking to shifting downwards.

Dusty Bottoms

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Santa Monica
I'm not sure about the design of the shifter/lever. It looks like the big reservoir will get scraped off on every crash, just like the current gear indicators do. That will make for some very expensive crashes. Need to see it in person.

biketiger

Chimp
Dec 4, 2001
in my house
I'd have to try the brakes before commenting, but how many of you have bent or snapped a brake lever. Brake levers cost less than shifters to replace. The only protection your shifters have are the brake levers. Now they are one integrated system. BAD IDEA. The only thing I am looking forward to is the new cranks. They are now have a super adjustable chainline for DH bikes. It's just like most BMX 3-piece cranks. GOOD IDEA!

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Originally posted by Dusty Bottoms
I'm not sure about the design of the shifter/lever. It looks like the big reservoir will get scraped off on every crash, just like the current gear indicators do. That will make for some very expensive crashes. Need to see it in person.
Well as hard as I can crash my XT`s have still held up ,I`am sure the XTR`s will be fine ,and as far as the martas ,those are a low end part you can not compair them to the high end stuff ;) ;) ;)