Quantcast

XTR rapid rise confusion !

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
rebuilding my wifes bike... new frame etc

so we are gonna do the disc thing for her... cut a long story short, i need to know the deal on rapid rise (imho it sux a$$, but my wife likes it)

currently she has xtr brake lever/pod set (8 sp)and and xtr rear mech (rapid rise 8 sp)... if i put standard 8 speed XT shifter pods on will the XTR rear mech still work as a rapid rise ???? will i need a new (standard) rear mech if i buy the XT pods ???

is the rapid rise in the shifters or the mech ??? i think it is in the mech but i could be wrong ?$#%^%$#@&

thanks in advance

partsbara

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Originally posted by partsbara
rebuilding my wifes bike... new frame etc

so we are gonna do the disc thing for her... cut a long story short, i need to know the deal on rapid rise (imho it sux a$$, but my wife likes it)

currently she has xtr brake lever/pod set (8 sp)and and xtr rear mech (rapid rise 8 sp)... if i put standard 8 speed XT shifter pods on will the XTR rear mech still work as a rapid rise ???? will i need a new (standard) rear mech if i buy the XT pods ???

is the rapid rise in the shifters or the mech ??? i think it is in the mech but i could be wrong ?$#%^%$#@&

thanks in advance

partsbara
Does she want a back up rear derailleur? I happen to have a brand new one collecting dust in my garage, and just because you actually know who the Archers of Loaf are I would make you an unbelievable deal on it.