Quantcast

( Y ) *Freederp GMT* ( Y )

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
260 for seasoned isn't that bad. Going rate up here is 200 to 225 for seasoned. I had 5 cord last fall and only burned 2 last winter. I will burn the other 3 this year and pick up some tree length to split over the fall.
one of my mom's cousins lives in his old family farmhouse still, but they're up by newport. he generally goes through 7 or 8 cords a winter. sometimes its as much as 10.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
260 for seasoned isn't that bad. Going rate up here is 200 to 225 for seasoned. I had 5 cord last fall and only burned 2 last winter. I will burn the other 3 this year and pick up some tree length to split over the fall.
also as a point of reference, my one neighbor found a guy that sold him unseasoned firewood split for like $150 / cord delivered.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
a lot. i paid $260 / cord delivered for mixed seasoned hardwood. still a better deal than oil or electric (we have a heat pump, which is horrible). and sadly gas is not available in our neighborhood. i could get it a lot cheaper if i got unseasoned or timbers and split myself, but i don't have the space to start storing 2+ years of firewood at a time, and don't have the time these days to cut / split myself.
:shocked:

Guess I've never priced it delivered, but it is more like $180-$200 for hardwood, about a $100 for pine near me. When I had a wood burner (and was younger) we used to get the forestry permits and make a few runs to the woods. We'd end up with 3-4 cords for the $5 permit. I think they are like $15 now. But a long weekend and it would be all cut and split. My back would freak out if I tried that sh!t now. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I hadn't been pondering my firewood stash yet, but I was thinking about buying the required winter tread for the car and wondering how to deal with the stupid pressure sensors.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It is now 3:36pm and I have been at the bank since 3pm when I was scheduled to close on the refinance. Neither of the reps I spoke with are here to perform the transaction. Shit is about to be lost.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
lol.

Last refi I did they came to my house and we signed papers on the kitchen table.

I should have been drinking a beer while I was doing it... :homer:
I wish that was the case. Instead it was chalked up to a misunderstanding. Apparently they were just kidding when I asked what time and where were we closing on Friday and they provided me with a time and location.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I hadn't been pondering my firewood stash yet, but I was thinking about buying the required winter tread for the car and wondering how to deal with the stupid pressure sensors.
If you remount on stock wheels each time no issue, clearly. On the Land Cruiser I brought the extra set of wheels to Discount Tire (where I bought the Nokians and non-winter tires as well) and they charged me only $30? per wheel for new TPMS sensors to fit in said wheels, including mounting and programming.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If dedicated winter wheels, either install your existing sensors, buy sensors for winter wheels, or live with the idiot light.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If you remount on stock wheels each time no issue, clearly. On the Land Cruiser I brought the extra set of wheels to Discount Tire (where I bought the Nokians and non-winter tires as well) and they charged me only $30? per wheel for new TPMS sensors to fit in said wheels, including mounting and programming.
If dedicated winter wheels, either install your existing sensors, buy sensors for winter wheels, or live with the idiot light.
Likely a set of cheap steelies with Blizzak WS80's and silly tool to switch between the summer and winter sensors from Tirerack.