Quantcast

(.Y.) Rainy Sunday (.Y.)

Monkeyfest is winding down and it's raining. Good people, good riding, good times. V had a scary crash with seriously broken helmet and a concussion, trip to hospital to make sure head not about to explode. We all about shit ourselves but pulled together as a group to handle it.

Theresa and I are planning the drive to North Dakota in August.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Up early again for more riding. This time at new (to me) trails. It'll also be the third consecutive day of non-solo rides. Fun.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
today will be spent off loading road trip gear from the camper, washing the carcasses of millions of dead bugs off of said camper, changing the oil on the truck and doing sone minor carpentry repairs to one cabinet. all in all a great road trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park. Lots of hiking, kayaking horseback riding, fly fishing and sight seeing.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode to work, but it's work nonetheless. Tomorrow I'll be academic so I'll ride to my office instead and perhaps stop by Costco at some point?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 20 mile run done in the pouring rain, and I focking hate running in the rain. Good run though...7:57 avg pace on tired legs from start to finish. My last six miles were the fastest.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I hope V is ok, JBP !

Like the good Dr. Toshi, I'm working this morning. worked yesterday too. :(
Ride later though, so you know, I got that going for me.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
6th anniversary. Time flies...

Beach with the fan this am, ride this pm (perhaps my farewell ride on the SB66), then meet up with one of the guys from Transition to grab the fork for my new Nomad build.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode. Rock, rock and more rocks. Sniper rocks in the grass. Not smooth friendly rocks either. What a freakin' blast.

One dude had a big high speed crash in a straight grassy area. I was a few guys behind and only saw his bike go cartwheeling. Luckily it was the ONE area with almost no rock.

Time to relax, have a beer and maybe have a pizza.

More riding tomorrow..

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Congrats !

Also, what's this new Nomad all about now??
Thanks! Love the Yeti, but have a friend with a barely used nomad cc frame he was looking to sell, so I'm seizing the opportunity to go 650b, get a new fork, and sell the Yeti while it's still worth something.

Tested a nomad a couple weeks ago and was convinced. It will do well in my hood.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
On the way home I ride by a church with 3 steps out in front. I popped the wheel over the curb and went for it. It launched me clear out into the street. I almost got hit by cars. I am sure everyone was impressed by my accidental front wheel wheelie. Next time I will make sure to look for cars. Rode a Giant Reign. Nice bike.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So much hail damage......:twitch:
I've been trying to ignore the 20+ dents of damage to our car after previously shelling out the excess already earlier this year to fix the damage caused by a tree landing on it during the winter snows. Your photos definitely looked like you got hit hard last week.

Spent the day DH'ing with my better half at Winter Park, soooooo much fun. Until we got chased off the mountain by thunder, lightning and hail. Traffic was le suck on the way home, but the day was worth it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Long weekend in Aspen (mostly Basalt). Hiked Hanging Lake on Friday with Wifey and Haley. Steep and rocky hike, but totally worth it. Haley hiked the whole thing except the very top which are big stone steps.

I had an Xterra tri yesterday, which didn't end well. The swim wasn't too bad 1400 yards at 9:30/500yd pace. Slow for me, but given I haven't really trained at all, not bad. The bike was bad. It was a two lap 6-mile course which I was supposed to do two on. I backed out to the single lap race at transition. Super technical, super punchy, no extended climbs or descents; not a fun trail in general. I bonked so hard that I literally sat down on the side of the trail for close to 10min at one point. The run was effectively a walk/jog to complete.

Did meet some nice folks there who we might meet up with in the future. Otherwise, we took 6 hours to drive home from Aspen. It took 4 to get there. Boo.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Took the Moose out to Fox Run for a mtb dog ride. We are getting the hang of riding together, hope to be able to ride with him off leash soon!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hopped on my old hardtail/bar bike for a pointless spin around town. Managed to make it past Bothell and over 40 miles. On the way I stopped for Pizza and beer and picked up a new pair of 5-10s.

Didn't have time for Bed Bath and Beyond...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, mountain folk hate steep technical trails.
I'm talking 20-30' long burst climbs that are more so piles of rock pointed up hill. The descents that are the same length, but by the time you've acquired the speed to carry well, you're pointing back uphill again.
I love steep technical. This was just built in the worst way I could possibly imagine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm talking 20-30' long burst climbs that are more so piles of rock pointed up hill. The descents that are the same length, but by the time you've acquired the speed to carry well, you're pointing back uphill again.
I love steep technical. This was just built in the worst way I could possibly imagine.

Just pretend they are long climbs.