Quantcast

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, I feel for you. Tough when you have a dominant team whose quarterback sets half a dozen records and then plays in a Superbowl.

I am slightly excited about watching Sammy Watkins play this year.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I would be too if they didn't start Manuel, he can't throw for sh!t. They need to bump him down and move Tuel into the starting spot.
Uh. Tuel has looked okay in very specific instances and against some third string defenses in pre-season. For an undrafted free agent, he's practically a rock star.

Manuel throws a LOT better than Tuel. He needs to get through his progressions better and have more confidence in his throws.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I'm still sticking with my Cardinals. Oh, and my wife is going to be a pain, as her fantasy football league with coworkers has started, and she's been champ the first 2 years. OH, the unbearableness of it all......

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
bradford done for the year.

/career.
GOD DAMMIT. Yeah, I think the Rams' Sam Bradford experiment is over. They ought to cut him now. Pretty tough to cut a guy who just suffered a major injury, but they'd free up a crapload of cap space. Hate to say it, but the Rams ought to consider Mark Sanchez.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
GOD DAMMIT. Yeah, I think the Rams' Sam Bradford experiment is over. They ought to cut him now. Pretty tough to cut a guy who just suffered a major injury, but they'd free up a crapload of cap space. Hate to say it, but the Rams ought to consider Mark Sanchez.
...Mark Sanchez? Really? Maybe they should call Tebow.

I agree that it's ridiculous to retain him. They can't possibly view him as the long term solution at quarterback - by the time this season comes and goes, he'll have missed nearly 40% of the games he was eligible to play. If they keep him this season with an eye towards moving on, they piss away $10m this year with no purpose.

May as well save the money, play out the season, and if the appalling defensive line does anywhere near what they should, they should at least give their offense a lot of chances. Draft a rookie next year and start fresh with a lot more money available.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
...Mark Sanchez? Really? Maybe they should call Tebow.

I agree that it's ridiculous to retain him. They can't possibly view him as the long term solution at quarterback - by the time this season comes and goes, he'll have missed nearly 40% of the games he was eligible to play. If they keep him this season with an eye towards moving on, they piss away $10m this year with no purpose.
I think Mark Sanchez can still be a decent QB, he is young, and he can probably be plucked from Philly for cheap. The Jets had no offense around him. The Rams have weapons and a good o-line. Kirk Cousins would be a good option too but Washington would be crazy to get rid of him since Griffin is probably going to spend half of his career injured. Tim Tebow can not play quarterback.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think Mark Sanchez can still be a decent QB, he is young, and he can probably be plucked from Philly for cheap.
quoted from yahoo......

Why it won’t happen:

The Eagles need Sanchez: An Eagles quarterback hasn’t started all 16 games since McNabb in 2008. Chances are, Nick Foles will miss a game this season and the Eagles are hoping to have as little drop-off as possible if he does. The way Sanchez has grasped the offense so far they’d be hard-pressed to give him up.

The Rams aren’t in financial position to get Sanchez: The Rams have the NFL’s lowest cap space at just under 1.7 million. Sanchez carries a cap figure of $2.25 million, so the Rams would have to make more transactions just to clear room for Sanchez.

The Rams already passed on Sanchez: Sanchez was a free agent this offseason. The Rams could have signed him but opted for Shaun Hill instead. That’s fairly revealing about how they viewed Sanchez at the time, especially knowing Bradford’s injury history.

Rams general manager Les Snead loves draft picks: Snead, a big believer in building through the draft, stockpiles picks like Chip Kelly stockpiles Oregon alums. Go check the Rams-Redskins trade that enabled the Redskins to vault to No. 2 overall in 2012 and get RG3. Why would Snead give up a second- or third-rounder for a one-year rental in Sanchez, who regressed in his last two years with the Jets and missed all of 2013 with a shoulder injury?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Y U No 2014/15 NFL thread?
because detroit lions.
The Royals need to maintain their lead over the Tigers.
No. Please, We don't have football, I don't watch basketball, and it's possible we may not have hockey anymore either, can I just have the tigers please?

So is watching the Bills lose.
Lions.

Still better than being a Jets fan.
Have you ever heard of the Detroit Lions? It's painful. It really is.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Still, watching Calvin Johnson every week has to take away a little of the sting.
I would almost say it makes it worse. He's awesome to watch, but the fact that he goes out there and sacrifices his body and gets the shit kicked out of him only to have our Defense play stupid, and our offensive coordinator call a terrible game makes it really frustrating to watch. We have the pieces to the puzzle (in most areas), we are not missing much, but as an organization and coaching staff we are TERRIBLE, always will be. It is a losing culture.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
My fantasy football draft is scheduled for this Thursday evening. Usually who ever I pick in the first and second rounds end up getting hurt mid-season.

Any of you guys want any specific players injured this season?