Quantcast

Y U NO LOUSA?!?!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Is it just me or Loris going straight to the pits after the finish was awkward...yeah it's a huge bummer for him no doubt, but he and Loic were always chill, humble and especially sportsmen when losing....this move was not, it was a huge moment for his team mate and friend, I kinda expected him to swallow it and honor Greg for the win.
I don't get why people get cross about things like that. He has had a puncture that might possibly mean he won't win the overall. Something terrible happens to him but you expect him to follow the traditional decorum of the situation? Greg won, he is already happy. Not congratulating him won't ruin that. Please don't try turning this sport into a XIX century country club.

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
I don't get why people get cross about things like that. He has had a puncture that might possibly mean he won't win the overall. Something terrible happens to him but you expect him to follow the traditional decorum of the situation? Greg won, he is already happy. Not congratulating him won't ruin that. Please don't try turning this sport into a XIX century country club.
I'm basing my expectations on previous instances, I'm used to those young Frenchies being more of a IDGAF than all-in-for-the-win.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
He apologised for it on social media, I guess it must have ruined his mood coming off two wins. He smashed qualifying for the Lousa V 2.0 so he might have a better mood this time round.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Actually Winnaar said in the livestream "I hope Loris is alright".
Imagine winning against your best friend/greatest rival two times only to find yourself a week later with a puncture and almost throwing the overall away. I' d be pissed too, especially with the pressure they put on themselves.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy shit, the womens race sure has been exciting. When Myriam came down quicker than Tahnee's quali time I thought that was solid. Then Nina's excellent run, Tracey :o , Marine's run! amazing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Greg saying he lost that tenth in the start where he bumped his helmet on the start hut and knocked his goggles into his eyes... crazy!

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just noticed in the credits that 23 Degree Sports provides the research. That's Martin Whitley isn't it?! Also, next year will be 10 years of Redbull doing these shows. Overall, it's been pretty awesome. I hope it keeps going.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm basing my expectations on previous instances, I'm used to those young Frenchies being more of a IDGAF than all-in-for-the-win.
Ahh you just don't like the Frenchies.
Also I literally have no clue what you mean by "You are used to them being more IDGAF than all in for the win". How does it relate to finishline behavior?

Finally did you ever race? Ever had a really really horrible race?

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
So stoked for my home boy getting a win and almost nailing it for race 2. A back 2 back would have been epic.

I think Baptiste Pierron was good viewing race 1, and so was Atwill.

I am sure Loic was so hungry to end win 1 win for season and he nailed it.

Fantastic track and wish it was listed for 2021.

Totally enjoyed the double racing and in some way it did make up for the screwy year/season.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can't help but to think a sharp corner on a dumb wet wood bridge had a lot of impact on the race. It seemed to get snot slick, then dry out a bit towards the end.