Quantcast

Y U NO LOUSA?!?!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Free helmet peaks at every race this season, eh?
shame there's no spectators to benefit

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
I wanted Minaar to win this from the beginning, still too bad about Loris. He was already 0.7 down at the first split with a probably still intact rear wheel however.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
That was a weird kick he got. I wonder if the shock died or if he just hit the wrong spot on the take off.
Brayton appeared in Kerr's LSD: he is OK. Kerr said he nearly also had the same happen to him. Seems to be a weird kicker.

imbecile

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Bulgaria
Is it just me or Loris going straight to the pits after the finish was awkward...yeah it's a huge bummer for him no doubt, but he and Loic were always chill, humble and especially sportsmen when losing....this move was not, it was a huge moment for his team mate and friend, I kinda expected him to swallow it and honor Greg for the win.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Is it just me or Loris going straight to the pits after the finish was awkward...yeah it's a huge bummer for him no doubt, but he and Loic were always chill, humble and especially sportsmen when losing....this move was not, it was a huge moment for his team mate and friend, I kinda expected him to swallow it and honor Greg for the win.
He apologised on social media for it. Must have been wicked upset with the two race win streak wrecked by the flat.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Just watched the replay. So good!
Man, I love DH.:wub:

The top 5, but especially Greg and Loic were so composed, where others got bucked around, they just held their lines, knda hoverstyle. Incredible what they can do.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
did anyone else feel like luca was just along for the ride for most of his race and not really attacking? i know he had a mistake up top but i was still surprised.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hopefully whatever Nicole did early in her qually run today hasn't damaged her for finals tomorrow.

Glad to see Brayton was okay to put in a decent run today too, hopefully Parton is still in once piece. Her crash yesterday was naaaaaaasty.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
did anyone else feel like luca was just along for the ride for most of his race and not really attacking? i know he had a mistake up top but i was still surprised.
He lost 4 seconds in the first sector where he crashed and finished 6 back at the end. Hard to imagine he was taking it that easy.

More surprised that Gwin is so bad at pedaling. I remember when he won in Croatia he lost a ton of time in the bottom pedaling section as well. He was right in touch with the top 3 until sector 4 where he was 24th fastest.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
He lost 4 seconds in the first sector where he crashed and finished 6 back at the end. Hard to imagine he was taking it that easy.

More surprised that Gwin is so bad at pedaling. I remember when he won in Croatia he lost a ton of time in the bottom pedaling section as well. He was right in touch with the top 3 until sector 4 where he was 24th fastest.
From what he mentions to Wyn in the video below and some others, it sounds more like he didn't ride/train as much as everyone else this summer. Sounds like he just wasn't ready to race.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol

Doesn‘t Gwin regularly loose time in pedaling sections? As far as I can remember he lost time on pretty much every pedally section on the circuit.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

interesting-didn't realize he had lost that much time.

maybe he was just getting back to speed when he got to the section they were filming. he also could have been riding smoothly and conserving energy for the end, i guess.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I know it’s uncool and bad for marketing, but I’m surprised that Loic is the first rider to use LSC adjuster / lockout for the pedally bit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I know it’s uncool and bad for marketing, but I’m surprised that Loic is the first rider to use LSC adjuster / lockout for the pedally bit.
I was waiting for someone to have some sort of lockout, I was expecting remote rear though. Who was the rider who had a one off win a few years ago with a rear lockout?