Quantcast

****y u no Tuesday GMT?****

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Also neighbors house is sale pending above asking of over $100k above our appraisal just 6 months ago. Crazy. The painters old house has the sign falling down, but it's in need of a new roof and a good cleaning vs Clint and his showplace.
Who is your neighbor? The painter? Clint? This makes no sense without context.

/me is in Highlands Ranch again. Rehearsal tonight. Pancreatic cancer conference at noon like most every Tuesday (well, it is every Tuesday, not just me doing it).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I will murder every tick I find in the most gruesome way possible, and even that is better than they deserve. God damn blood sucking parasites.

I have however been doing research on how to curb their incursion into the yard. The dogs have already picked up half a dozen romping in the woods and I'm not okay with that.
Ticks love rodents and rodents introduce disease into the tick lifecycle.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Fuck a tick... If you don't want to buy a mower, you can always start a opossum / guinea fowl petting zoo...

Animals That Help With Tick Control
August 17, 2017 by Brian Kelly
Opossums
You may have seen these bizarre, even ugly animals at night while driving your car. They look almost like a rat, and almost like a weasel, they’re about the size of a cat, but they are more closely related to koalas and kangaroos. Opossums are North America’s only marsupial this means that they are mammals that keep their young in a pouch on their body. Opossums are nocturnal, which is why most of the time they are seen is on the road at night. Opossums are omnivores, they’ll eat both plant and animal life. They’re opportunistic as well. Meaning they will eat whatever is easiest to find. This brings us to how they end up eating ticks. Opossums seek their food on the ground, often eating insects and mice. While searching for food, ticks will latch on to opossums, as they do with other animals that cross their path. Opossums, however, are very clean animals. They regularly groom themselves, and in this grooming often find and eat the ticks they find. So while these animals might be ugly, they do aid in keeping those pesky ticks away which should make their presence not only tolerable but welcome.
Chickens and Guinea Fowl
Many people have begun to own chickens, and for good reason too. Many see them as pets that give the added benefit of providing breakfast in the form of eggs every few days. It can also be a rewarding experience to raise a chicken from a chick to a full-grown chicken. They are relatively easy to raise once they have a coop built for them as they eat nearly everything, many chicken owners feed them with table scraps. They will also roam around where they are allowed and eat any bugs they can catch, including ticks! Yes, your egg-producing chickens can also keep disease-spreading ticks out of your yard.
The Guinea Fowl is a species of bird in the same family as the peacock. Guinea Fowls originated in Africa, however, they are hardy and can survive in most places. While they are not commonly seen as pets, they can be seen once in a while on a farm. Guinea Fowl are much more adept at eating ticks than chickens as more of their diet is bugs. Guinea Fowl will roam around an area actively seeking bugs to eat.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fuck a tick... If you don't want to buy a mower, you can always start a opossum / guinea fowl petting zoo...

Opossums
You may have seen these bizarre, even ugly animals at night while driving your car. They look almost like a rat, and almost like a weasel, they’re about the size of a cat, but they are more closely related to koalas and kangaroos. Opossums are North America’s only marsupial this means that they are mammals that keep their young in a pouch on their body. Opossums are nocturnal, which is why most of the time they are seen is on the road at night. Opossums are omnivores, they’ll eat both plant and animal life. They’re opportunistic as well. Meaning they will eat whatever is easiest to find. This brings us to how they end up eating ticks. Opossums seek their food on the ground, often eating insects and mice. While searching for food, ticks will latch on to opossums, as they do with other animals that cross their path. Opossums, however, are very clean animals. They regularly groom themselves, and in this grooming often find and eat the ticks they find. So while these animals might be ugly, they do aid in keeping those pesky ticks away which should make their presence not only tolerable but welcome.
Chickens and Guinea Fowl
Many people have begun to own chickens, and for good reason too. Many see them as pets that give the added benefit of providing breakfast in the form of eggs every few days. It can also be a rewarding experience to raise a chicken from a chick to a full-grown chicken. They are relatively easy to raise once they have a coop built for them as they eat nearly everything, many chicken owners feed them with table scraps. They will also roam around where they are allowed and eat any bugs they can catch, including ticks! Yes, your egg-producing chickens can also keep disease-spreading ticks out of your yard.
The Guinea Fowl is a species of bird in the same family as the peacock. Guinea Fowls originated in Africa, however, they are hardy and can survive in most places. While they are not commonly seen as pets, they can be seen once in a while on a farm. Guinea Fowl are much more adept at eating ticks than chickens as more of their diet is bugs. Guinea Fowl will roam around an area actively seeking bugs to eat.
1649783202823.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who is your neighbor? The painter? Clint? This makes no sense without context.

/me is in Highlands Ranch again. Rehearsal tonight. Pancreatic cancer conference at noon like most every Tuesday (well, it is every Tuesday, not just me doing it).
Currently there are 2 main active listings in my hood. Clint (my neighborish) is listed $100k more than what we appraised at. His house is nicer with a 3 car garage, but not $100k nicer, but is now pending sale after 3 weeks.

The painters house is in phase 3 vs mine and Clint in phase 1, lower budget, no HOA, only 5 houses away from mine on the same street. The house is cheaper overall, plus needs work like a roof at least. It's been listed for nearly 2 months with no noticeable showings. Shows as pending, but listed at $445k vs Clint at $575k.

I'm a little surprised the painters house is listed that high, but housing is crazy, so who knows.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

Opossums
Chickens and Guinea Fowl
Fuck guinea fowl with a hot red poker.
My neighbor 1/2mile down the road just got 4, which means I have 4. Assholes are in my yard 18 out of the 24 hours. Actually last night they slept in the rafters of a barn. That noise :twitch: