Quantcast

****y u no Tuesday GMT?****

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got Haley's new travel reducing air spring. Shop gave me cost+10% and dumped a bunch of fork oil into an H2O bottle for me. I like my shop.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Tempted by this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/John-Deere-S140-48-in-22-HP-V-Twin-Gas-Hydrostatic-Lawn-Tractor-BG21274/314278263#overlay

48" deck, 22 HP version. Everyone I know with a JD lawn tractor has great things to say about them. My little bro is still using my dad's that was purchased in 1989.
The 100 series mowers would be great for 1/2 acre. But they are not as tough as the select series. But if you know that going in you’ll be fine. Briggs engine instead of a Kawasaki. Contrary to what the internet may tell you they are built in a John Deere plant in the US. (I’ve toured it in my Deere days).
I would however recommend purchasing from a John Deere dealer if you have one local. It will be the same price as Home Depot (will risk loosing JD contract if they discount) and they are all set up and serviced by the Deere dealer. The same tractor from the dealer will more than likely have a deck that has been leveled and tire pressures adjusted.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got too confident. Tried to take the Rav 4 up to the camp today. Blew the seals on the power steering. Easy fix. Nothing I will take on, however. Ford F-350 got me out. Impressive Truck. Dragged me 3/4 miles to where the tow truck grabbed me out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had a moron that lived down the ridge from me pull that trick with bug bomb followed by a gopher bomb. Unfortunately the hillside grass was brown and 3 feet tall. Started the whole ridge on fire on a red flag day. I was on the first engine on scene. Flames were over 10 feet high and were within 20 feet of the houses. Captain scouted while we pulled wildland hose. He came back with a serious look. His words. Wide spray make a strong anchor. Punch through the flame wall swing right keep your head on a swivel, buy time for the people to flee, good luck. Some how we held the flames back until 3 more engines arrived. 4 houses got scorched none one got hurt. The idiot got cited for criminal negligence and got billed for the fire. 4 engines and one inmate fire crew at $1600/ hour each x 4 hours

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You ever just decide to throw a bunch of random possessions in the garbage? I did. Sometimes I look around and think: wtf am I ever gonna do with that? Gone.
I've always been amazed at how quickly shit placed on the sidewalk with a free sign disappears. That being said I recently snagged a free glass carboy although I do not brew at home. A $60 value!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
what was that product/service where they'd pump some sort of explosive gas into the trenches and then ignite it to blast such rodents?
We use propane when they are burrowing under buildings. You have to find all of the exits and fill them. It takes 10 lbs or so but you force all of the breathable air out of the burrow and they take a long dirt nap.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The 100 series mowers would be great for 1/2 acre. But they are not as tough as the select series. But if you know that going in you’ll be fine. Briggs engine instead of a Kawasaki. Contrary to what the internet may tell you they are built in a John Deere plant in the US. (I’ve toured it in my Deere days).
I would however recommend purchasing from a John Deere dealer if you have one local. It will be the same price as Home Depot (will risk loosing JD contract if they discount) and they are all set up and serviced by the Deere dealer. The same tractor from the dealer will more than likely have a deck that has been leveled and tire pressures adjusted.
Oddly, none of the JD dealers within 100 miles carry anything lower than an X300 at $4K. Figured they'd sell oodles of the 100 and 200 series to homeowners like myself, but it would appear they've surrendered that segment of the business to home depot and lowes.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Oddly, none of the JD dealers within 100 miles carry anything lower than an X300 at $4K. Figured they'd sell oodles of the 100 and 200 series to homeowners like myself, but it would appear they've surrendered that segment of the business to home depot and lowes.
Will they service a mower bought at HD?