Quantcast

ya gotta love women who ride

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I started riding with this lady a month ago. She's been mtb for years, but just got a roadie -- yes, this post is about pavement, deal :blah:

She's uncomfortable going downhill on pavement fast, eventho she'll do it on dirt. We were coming off the mountain yesterday and she was riding her brakes, keeping it about 25mph.

She's hesistant and just not comfortable.

Then a woman blows by her. Next thing I know, my friend is doing 35mph.

Ah, the competitive spirit of women. Much love to y'all!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
I started riding with this lady a month ago. She's been mtb for years, but just got a roadie -- yes, this post is about pavement, deal :blah:

She's uncomfortable going downhill on pavement fast, eventho she'll do it on dirt. We were coming off the mountain yesterday and she was riding her brakes, keeping it about 25mph.

She's hesistant and just not comfortable.

You should try to get both those competitive women in bed witchya. :thumb:

-S.S.-

P.S. What's with the *road* post?? :think:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
all the girls in my route last summer were scared of descending anything over 25mph. one girl would drop everyone going uphill. no one could keep up with her. then she'd get dropped big time coming back down. there were a few descents in particular where guys were reaching mid-to-upper 40s for fairly lengthy amounts of time. this girl was riding her brakes the whole way down.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
does this count? she just picked up snowboarding this season.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Snacks said:
Hahah :thumb:

I wish more men road XC. Shirtless. :devil:
You might think its a good idea, but you might see a pasty, farmer-tanned mo-fo like me :blah:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
johnbryanpeters said:
Well, I take the Joker on the road and I have been known to take road bikes onto technical singletrack. They all have pedals, you know...
You are a *wild* man........... :D

What's a "road bike"? You mean they make bikes *specifically* to ride on the road?!? :think:

-S.S.-

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. There are *six* girls in that picture........ :think: :confused:

-S.S.-
they color-coordinated on their outfits and boards pretty well, eh? :oink:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SkaredShtles said:
You sure she's not a dude with long hair? :confused: :think:

-S.S.-
She comes in at a 6.8 on blue's Man Index®.

Me and the girly ripped up St. George over the weekend. No Gooseberry, sadly, too much mud :(

For Ben's stalking pleasure:

Her ecletic choice of colors scared me. A lot.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
You sure she's not a dude with long hair? :confused: :think:

-S.S.-

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?! you are the such a f'in prick. she's in a bike helmet and baggie clothes. sorry we can't all look like ****ing barbie when wee are out on the trails. i would expect a comment like this from one of the many 14 year olds we seem to have trolling the boards right now but not from and adult. dick. :monkey:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
lovebunny said:
my gf went on one of her first real rides yesterday. heres the pics. mines the redhead in the baggies

yea but whos the other hottie?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
laura said:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?! you are the such a f'in prick. she's in a bike helmet and baggie clothes. sorry we can't all look like ****ing barbie when wee are out on the trails. i would expect a comment like this from one of the many 14 year olds we seem to have trolling the boards right now but not from and adult. dick. :monkey:

Now tell him how you really feel, and don't hold back this time! ;) :D ;)

For the record, I am supporting you ripping on him. :thumb:

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
lovebunny said:

yea but whos the other hottie?
Yeah, who's the one in the back? Nice smile, nice rig, and her bike looks really good too. :heart: Now seeing her on the trail w/o a shirt would make my day. :D
Now this is just tongue and cheek so Laura, don't tear me a new one. That said, I think SS had what you said to him coming w/ his comment.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pau11y said:
Yeah, who's the one in the back? Nice smile, nice rig, and her bike looks really good too. :heart: Now seeing her on the trail w/o a shirt would make my day. :D
Now this is just tongue and cheek so Laura, don't tear me a new one. That said, I think SS had what you said to him coming w/ his comment.
Isn't that Shrymp who posts here? Kinda looks like her.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
laura said:
You *GO* sistah! :thumb:

Ummm... hold on. :think:

Guess I should've added a ;)

-S.S.-

P.S. Lovebunny - if you were offended, I'm truly sorry. Appears my comment may not have been as lighthearted and humorous as I thought.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
LordOpie said:

My wife is the exact same way. When ever I took her riding if there was a girl we had to drop her. She doesn't ride much anymore but she's the same way at the gym, if there's women to be beat in the step class my wife's gonna kill her self beating them............... :rolleyes:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What is this women who ride you speak of? We got maybe 4 women who actually ride around here. Most of the women around here watch TV......jdcamb

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
I love chics who love to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Chics that ride bikes are pretty cool too