Quantcast

YAAY I'm getting a New Job!!

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Haha I'm stoked, I'm leaving my job where I make $25/hr as a web designer, and I'm gonna be working at subway making $9-10/hr. I'll be doing freelance design work on the side, so I'll still be making about the same, actually a lil less.

But at least I won't be working 50-60 hours a week and can start riding my bike again. I tried to get a part-time web design job with one company, but they wouldn't hire me for some reason, even though I'm very qualified. haha something about not being able to afford me, and I never even mentioned how much I was willing to work for. crazy. I'm bored at work, some I'm just posting out of boredom.

Anyways, I'm gonna be free to ride more in a couple weeks, who wants to go riding?

Peace,
Patrick

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Congrats. I too just got a job working outdoors next to the beach in Ventura County. Soil and air monitoring at a construction site for $50k a year. I love it.

Subway, however, would be an awesome place to work.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Hell yeah, free subs! I love that place, it's my favorite restaurant right now, well it might not be after I'm working there for awhile, but we'll see! :) lol

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Have you ever thought about what you get now possibly (as far as benefits go)???

I was working a local job, getting between $14-16/hr with no benefits of any kind. Now I work a $10.50 an hour job, can walk to work, and have some great medical/dental benefits. Sure I have to wear a shirt and tie but all it takes is that one bicycle related injury to put you in the hole majorly.

Too bad it wasn't Quizno's....LOL their sandwhiches are much better :)

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Have you ever thought about what you get now possibly (as far as benefits go)???

I was working a local job, getting between $14-16/hr with no benefits of any kind. Now I work a $10.50 an hour job, can walk to work, and have some great medical/dental benefits. Sure I have to wear a shirt and tie but all it takes is that one bicycle related injury to put you in the hole majorly.

Too bad it wasn't Quizno's....LOL their sandwhiches are much better :)
I don't get any benefits right now, because I'm only contracting with this current company, so I'd probably get better benefits with Subway, and they are 2 blocks from my house, vs. 4 miles. :)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Congrats. I too just got a job working outdoors next to the beach in Ventura County. Soil and air monitoring at a construction site for $50k a year. I love it.

Subway, however, would be an awesome place to work.
That sounds really cool. I love dirt. :D :cheers: