Quantcast

Yakima Dirt Jumps

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Anyone near Yakima up for some medium to big bmx-style trails in the desert? It's in a pretty cool spot, slightly downhill, unlimited space for more jumps. There are a few smaller lines running, 3-4 foot high with 12-15 foot gaps.

I found this spot after it had been abandoned for a few years... some of you may know it. Over the past 6 months or so, I've been rebuilding all the jumps and getting things running again.

Come dig and ride!

TH_Trails.jpg

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
A couple more pics:

Here's a shot of everything, the far line is the biggest, 22 foot hip into a 25 foot double. You can see there are many more jumps that I haven't rebuilt yet.
TH_Trails2.jpg

This is the landing of the hip into the big double. Digging has been tough with the ground being frozen!
TH Trails Pano_sm.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Thanks for taking on the trails out there. O-dog will be happy to see the love you've been giving Terrace Heights. Cheers Bro!

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Right on! I'll be there today and tomorrow, then I'm headed out of town for a few weeks. Hoping to get a lot more jumps running this spring. Let me know if/when you want to make a trip up to Yakima, I can show you where the trails are!

Mar 20, 2014
Kennewick
Oh man..... those things look SO much better, they haven't been touched in years. I rode the small line out there a couple years ago but I haven't been back to find my manhood that I left out there. Looks awesome! I would love to come out and check them out!

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Please do! There are no tools there (thieves) so make sure to bring a shovel and maybe a couple jugs of water if you need to patch anything up. Hoping to get some sort of basic watering system in place for this summer.

Also, I probably don't need to say this to you guys, but make sure to take your trash out with you!

Last edited:

al37909

Chimp
Nov 13, 2015
Looks sweet! I just moved to the area and would love to check this out/help out. Where can I find this place?

al37909

Chimp
Nov 13, 2015
I live in the Franklin Park area in Yakima. Where in Terrace Heights? I'm not too familiar with the area yet.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The trails are located up in the foothills off of Hardy Rd, which is a dirt road in the north of Terrace Heights. You could also try asking one of the shops for directions. Eric is the trail boss out there now, best to contact him probably.

Last edited:

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Update: Trails are still going strong. The freeze/thaw over and over again this past winter ruined a lot of the jumps. There's been plenty of water falling so far in 2016 so I've been rebuilding as much as I can. I've been focused on making everything a little bit steeper and taller. Once I get the existing jumps running, I'm going to focus on extending the biggest line and hopefully get 3 or 4 more really big jumps in a long line going down the canyon.

Anyone's welcome to come up and dig/ride! Please take your trash with you and try to bring some water to throw down on the riding surface before you ride in the dry months! Still haven't gotten a water tank buried out there, I'm hesitant to spend money on anything that will be left up there, I've had shovels and tools stolen.

Here's a photo from near the top, the big line to the right, then smaller line on the left.
TerraceHeightsTrails2016Rebuild.jpg

Mar 11, 2016
Thanks for taking on the trails out there. O-dog will be happy to see the love you've been giving Terrace Heights. Cheers Bro!

KyleCavin

Chimp
Nov 7, 2020
Bringing this back from the dead. We have currently started to work on the Terrace Heights Jumps again. Yes they are still there. After all these years. Come dig and ride