Quantcast

Yakima rack recall

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
If this has been posted already let me know. I've done a search for "rack recall" but found nothing relavent to this.

forward:
If you have own a Mighty Joe 2 or 3 trunk rack, please pay careful
attention to this email. If you do not own a Mighty Joe 2 or 3, but know someone who does, please pass this information along to them.

Yakima has issued a total product recall for the Mighty Joe 2 and Mighty Joe 3 trunk bike racks. There is a flaw in the rack's design which could cause injury or product damage. Yakima recommends you stop using the Mighty Joe immediately.

Yakima will directly manage the recall process with owners of the Mighty Joe 2 and 3. Please send your contact information directly to Yakima at: Mighty.Joe.Recall@yakima.com. Please send Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address.

Do not return the rack to the shop where it was purchased. All aspects of the consumer recall activity, including compensation, will be directly managed by Yakima. Once Yakima has received contact information, they will send a letter directly to the consumer, noting a dedicated phone line and website for consumer refund processing.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Yakima Customer
Service at 800-269-7623.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Well, if you don't hear from me for awhile it's because my bike rack attacked me in the middle of the night.

Thanks for the info, though. Maybe I'll get a new and even bigger rack out of this (every girl's dream;) )