Quantcast

Yakuza Ojiki (CALLING OWNERS/DW)

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
So I'm thinking of picking one of these frames up. I was looking at the specs and it has a 9.0x2.75 shock on it, which is a wierd off size and I'd probably want to upgrade the metal r anyway.

anybody know if everything would clear with an 8.75x2.75 or a 9x3 shock? The extra travel might be nice for fr, but the real question is does anyone know what the angles would look like with the 8.75? might be a nice light dh rig if you could slacken everything up a bit. would be running a super t on it in all liklihood.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
We sold that model last year and that Metal shock felt very good on that bike. Plush and active is how I'd describe it. Unfortunately many of the "anti-bob" shocks feel choked and chunky.

As for shocks that I know of that are 9.0 x 2.75, you have Manitou, Progressive, and Marzocchi. The Fox DHX is not offered in a 9.0 x 2.75.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i dont doubt that i could find a shock, I'm really just interested in whether the mod is possible with that frame.

a 67 ha and a 15 inch bb (just guessing) with my fork sounds like no fun for going fast and cornering, and 7 inches aint much for hucking... the frame sort of splits the middle and with a new shock or 2 I'm hoping i can tweak for whatever i happen to be doing.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
I've got an 05 with a 9 x 2.75 swinger 6-way rear shock and just as an experiment I grabbed my buddies 8.75 x 2.75 off of his bike and tested it out on mine. I didn't have the right bushings so I couldn't ride on it, but I stuck some bolts through and set it real light and it didn't look like it would even be a problem on a harsh bottom out situation. It rolled the bottom bracket down a bit too which was nice. I've got a breakout on mine and the geometry seemed fine for freeride, but I don't really mind the 9" shock either. Unless you really don't like the metel R and are looking to buy a new shock it's not worth the trouble IMO. By the way, the air shock seems like it would be a sweet upgrade, and I will do that when this shock takes a dump!

Anyone want to trade a once ridden 6-way for an airshock about the same size?

Good luck

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
yeah, the IH customer service sucks. I have an 05' yakuza kamichu frame w/ floating brake and the 5th shock i will be selling, along with the headset and an 04' marzocchi shiver, custom race tuned. Let me know if your interested.