Quantcast

Yankees down 2-0! Yeah!

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
actually, it is my hometown. been living out here for pretty much all of my life though.
see, that''s the thing about Boston fans, they're indoctrinated from birth. I wouldn't be surprised if the repeated anti-Yankee teaching from generation to generation hasn't seeped down to the genetic level...

I will admit, however Clemens, A-Rod, and their ilk have been taking home free money for too many seasons now. It seems to me that Steinbrenner, or Brian Cashman, is no longer interested in developing talent from the minor league stables and builiding a winning team. They have gotten lazy and have been trying to buy talent to win the games. Big mistake. Teams win games not star players, especially when they've been hired after they peak.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
They have gotten lazy and have been trying to buy talent to win the games. Big mistake. Teams win games not star players, especially when they've been hired after they peak.
To their credit, they have been better about holding onto their top prospects the last couple of seasons. In the past, they would have traded away the likes of Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain to land the best available player at the trade deadline. Keeping those young guys may hurt them now, but the Yankees will be better off in the long run. The assholes.

:D

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
see, that''s the thing about Boston fans, they're indoctrinated from birth. I wouldn't be surprised if the repeated anti-Yankee teaching from generation to generation hasn't seeped down to the genetic level...
No one else in my family is a Boston fan.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey ortho, the really funny thing about your post is that :jeenyus: is a yankees fan.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
No one else in my family is a Boston fan.
you're just preaching the case of genetic variability. kinda like the occasional blonde or redhead in a family with a long line of brunettes. unless your family had a milkman years ago... ;)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sabathia was f'ing scary in the 2nd, striking out the side. Got wild in the 3rd though, and the Sox dropped 4 runs on him to go up 5-1. :banana:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It does crack me up how many Yankees fans wanted the entire Cleveland team to die in a plane crash last week, whereas now they are all rooting for the them :busted: